here are no setbacks hell join the team Monday in Boston. ... RHP Jordan Zimmermann (n

#1 von dasg234 , 12.05.2019 06:00

CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Miami coach Mark Richt had one meeting after another after another on Thursday afternoon, and none of them was related to the game plan for the Hurricanes trip to Notre Dame this weekend.Nostalgia wasnt on the schedule.As such, there hasnt been much time to reflect on what was likely Richts biggest game in his short time as Miamis starting quarterback -- a 16-14 loss at Notre Dame in 1982, an outcome he blamed himself for -- or the storied rivalry between the Hurricanes and the Fighting Irish.The tasks at hand keep Richts mind far too occupied to take any long walks down memory lane.Its not very hard for me to focus on my job, to focus on what Im trying to get accomplished, Richt said. Its just always been that way for me. When I get nostalgic or when I reflect on things, Ill have times in the middle of the summer when something may hit me, but on game day you just focus on your job and your responsibility and all the things a head coach needs to do.Miami (4-3) is trying to stop a three-game slide. Notre Dame (2-5) is seeking to merely hang on to some realistic hope of being bowl-eligible at seasons end. Neither team is ranked, the first time thats happened in a regular-season game between the Hurricanes and Irish since 1979.Some of the details from Richts lone time as a starter at Notre Dame have gotten fuzzy. The pertinent ones, they remain indelibly etched in his mind.It was a close game that Notre Dame won, Richt said. We had the lead towards the end of the game, I think. Had a chance to keep a drive going and got stuffed on a short-yardage play, quarterback sneak, and then I think we punted it away. And if Im not mistaken, Blair Kiel was the quarterback who drove the team down ... like the last drive of the game, got them in position, and made the kick.All correct.Richt threw a touchdown pass in the fourth quarter to put Miami up 14-10. The quarterback sneak was later in the game, a play where he called an audible and got suckered by Notre Dame having its tackles and linebackers set up wide. By the time Richt realized they were all pinching toward the middle, it was too late and he got stopped. And Kiel got Notre Dame down to the Miami 15 with 11 seconds left, setting up Mike Johnstons winner for the Irish.This time, Richt gets to call all the plays, and Irish coach Brian Kelly lauded what hes done in Year 1 at Miami this week.Theres a specific pattern to what theyre doing offensively, Kelly said. I think their system works very well. Theyve got talented receivers. Theyve got a talented running back. They put themselves in good position. ... Theres a clear stamp what Mark wants to accomplish on offense.Plenty of past Notre Dame-Miami games -- in the 1980s, that is -- have decided who will or wont play in the national championship game. This one wont be added to that list.But for the winner, it could serve as a step.For Notre Dame, it would be a rivalry win to help stop a disastrous season. For Miami, it would be the first taste of a postgame celebration in a month.Theres been great games throughout the years, Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz said. And our players need to understand its fun to come to The U in recruiting, but you have to understand what made The U, `The U. And those battles, that went both ways back in the 80s, is really what made The U, `The U.New Balance Shoes Nz Sale . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. New Balance Online Nz . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. http://www.newbalancediscountnz.com/ . During the athletes parade, the 23-strong Ukrainian team was represented by a lone flagbearer in an apparent protest at the presence of Russian troops in Ukraines Crimean peninsula. New Balance Shoes Nz . The 27-year-old Scrivens will be joining his third NHL club since signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs as a free agent in 2010. The move also reunites with him with head coach Dallas Eakins from their time together with the American Hockey Leagues Toronto Marlies. New Balance Nz Discount . Howard Ganz, an MLB lawyer, said in a letter to U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos that Rodriguezs claims do not come "remotely close" to what is needed to overturn an arbitration decision in federal court.CHICAGO -- Chicago White Sox ace Chris Sale was scratched from his start against the Detroit Tigers on Saturday night and sent home after he destroyed collared throwback uniforms that the team was scheduled to wear.Matt Albers, who started in Sales place, confirmed the incident, but the White Sox provided no details after their game against Detroit was suspended by rain after eight innings tied at 3 -- the game will resume Sunday before the series finale.You probably know what happened, Albers said. But were going to keep it in-house.FanRag Sports first reported Sale was protesting the 1976 jerseys, which were navy and sported unusual collars. It was 91 degrees with high humidity when the game began.Sale then cut up an unknown number of jerseys before the game and was told to leave the stadium. Albers said he was informed about 2 hours before the game that he would start.Hes one of the best, absolutely, Albers said. But were here for teammates. Were here to pick each other up in good times and bad.With not enough usable 1976 jerseys available, the White Sox wore white throwback uniforms from the 1983 season.Its uncertain if Sale, 14-3 with a 3.18 ERA, will face further discipline.Im not going to get into that, manager Robin Ventura said. I just know hes not going to pitch tomorrow.The White Sox didnt announce Sale was scratched until less than a half hour before the scheduled first pitch.The incident, which was non-physical in nature, currently is under further investigation by the club, general manager Rick Hahn said in a statement. The White Sox will have no additional comment until the investigation is completed.The White Sox marketing department touted the night as the Throwback Game. It announced the team would wear collared, blue and white V-neck jerseys that were sometimes worn with shorts in the 1976 season under offbeat owner Bill Veeck.The crowd booed when Albers was announced as the starter while the teams warmed up. He pitched two innings and the White Sox used six pitchers before the game was suspended following the third rain delay of the night.With the White Sox fading from playoff contention, Sales name has been mentioned as a possible trade target for contending teams.The left-hander, known for his competitive streak and rigorous training program, has been outspoken in the past.Sale was openly critical of team president Ken Williams during spring training when he said Drake LaRoche, the son of teammate Adam LaRoche, would no longer be allowedd in the clubhouse.ddddddddddddAdam LaRoche retired as a result, and Sale hung the LaRoches jerseys in his locker.The 27-year-old Sale was the 13th overall pick out of Florida Gulf Coast in 2010 and has been selected as an All-Star five times. He started for the American League in this months All-Star Game.Sale is 71-43 in his career and entered the day leading the majors with 133 innings pitched and three complete games.In his last outing Monday, Sale allowed one hit over eight shutout innings before closer David Robertson gave up four runs in the ninth in Chicagos loss to Seattle.The White Sox, who started 23-10, have dropped eight of nine games and are in fourth place in the AL Central, creating speculation that Sale and fellow lefty Jose Quintana could be dealt.I want to stay here, Quintana said before the game. I like it here, and I want to win here. And Im here. Im here for now.Sale has also said hed like to stay in Chicago. But Tigers GM Al Avila said before the game that many teams are looking for starting pitching.Yet there are not as many good starting pitchers available, Avila said. And the guys that may come available are going to come at a steep price.Hahn said Thursday the White Sox were mired in mediocrity and hinted at possible big roster changes.Youve just got to be professional and play baseball. Thats it, Frazier said of the trade discussion. Control what you can control, thats playing the game.TRAINERS ROOMTigers: LHP Daniel Norris (oblique) allowed five earned runs and five hits over 4 2/3 innings Saturday in a rehab start for Triple-A Toledo. GM Al Avila said if there are no setbacks hell join the team Monday in Boston. ... RHP Jordan Zimmermann (neck) is to start Sunday for Toledo. Avila said he might need a second rehab start. ... Avila suggested early August as a return date for RF J.D. Martinez (broken elbow).White Sox: RF Adam Eaton started a day after he had to leave the game after fouling a ball off his foot. ... 2B Brett Lawrie (hamstring) missed his second straight game, but isnt expected to go on the disabled list. His absence left only two bench players, DH Justin Morneau and C Omar Narvaez.UP NEXTTigers RHP Anibal Sanchez (5-11, 6.60 ERA) starts the series finale Sunday against White Sox LHP Jose Quintana (8-8, 3.13). Sanchez has allowed only one earned run in 16 1/3 innings at U.S. Cellular Field. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

d the edge of the hole and stayed out. After opening w
ruled neither driver warranted punishment for the crash and Hamilto

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz