eneral. And thats what makes us great.Were all differe

#1 von dasg234 , 11.05.2019 10:40

It was another offseason full of change for the perennially contending Chicago Blackhawks, an organization for which salary-cap gymnastics have become a summer rite. The Blackhawks continue to set the bar high in regard to how to stay in the mix, despite dealing with moving parts year in and year out.GM Stan Bowman is among the very best at his job, finding ways to plug holes and keep his team among the elite. In the spring of 2015, he plucked?Artemi Panarin?out of the KHL as a free agent, an asset-free addition, and watched as the Russian winger won the Calder Trophy last season as NHL rookie of the year. It is that kind of move that has kept Chicago ahead of the curve.Still, the salary cap trades this past offseason of Andrew Shaw and Teuvo Teravainen are going to test that formula this year. Chicago enters the season with more question marks up front than weve seen, perhaps, in the entire Hawks run of head coach Joel Quenneville.Did last springs first-round playoff exit after a monster series with the?St. Louis Blues?signal a new, more-mortal era for the Blackhawks?Or was it just time to reset and come back stronger around the talented core led by Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane, Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook and Corey Crawford?-- a quintet Id put up against any group in the NHL?On a different note, I would argue that the Hawks are deeper on defense now than theyve been in a long time.This season will indeed tell the tale. Then again, as Bowman has proven time and time again, the team that begins the season wont necessarily be the same club as the one that will enter the playoffs. Hes as aggressive as any GM in the NHL when it comes to making changes before the trade deadline.Best new facesThe Blackhawks have been too thin on the blue line the past two seasons. They won a Cup in 2015 while largely playing just four defensemen and basically relied on their three top guys last year. Bowman addressed that aggressively by bringing in veteran unrestricted free agent?Brian Campbell on a bargain-basement deal and beating other NHL teams for KHL free-agent Michal Kempny, who played for the Czech Republic in the World Cup of Hockey and shows all the elements of a guy who should be a steady NHL defender.The Hawks are also very high on 20-year-old Swedish defender Gustav Forsling. With a top four of Keith, Seabrook, Niklas Hjalmarsson and Campbell, a decent third pairing of Kempny and/or Forsling with Trevor van Riemsdyk, and depth at No. 8 in Michal Rozsival, Chicago is in much better shape than it was the previous season. Forsling cant be sent to the AHL -- he would have to be offered back to his Swedish team if the Hawks dont keep him on their NHL roster -- so I figure that means he will at least begin the season with Chicago.Theres other organizational depth too, in Viktor Svedberg, Ville Pokka and Erik Gustafsson. All three will begin the season in the AHL, but with 11 capable defensemen, Chicago seems better prepared to handle injuries and the long season on the back end.Biggest unknownsThe departure up front of Shaw and Teravainen, both salary-cap victims, thins out a top-nine group that had question marks last season. Dont forget that trade-deadline add-ons Andrew Ladd and Dale Weise?have also moved on, as expected.It has been a long time since Quenneville opened the season with so many question marks up front. The Hawks were largely a one-line team last season, albeit a heck of one, as the unit of Artem Anisimov between Kane and Panarin lit up the NHL. Is Quenneville concerned enough about finding Toews some help to follow through on his training camp declaration that he might break up the Kane-Panarin connection? Will rookies Vincent Hinostroza, Nick Schmaltz and Tyler Motte make an impact this season? Richard Panik, a waiver pickup last season, had a look with Toews in the playoffs. Can he deliver a sustained role?Another unknown: how Keith will fare following offseason surgery on his right knee, which forced him to sit out the World Cup of Hockey. He had surgery to repair the knee last year, but the news that it needed rehabbing had to cause at least minor concern. The 33-year-old is one of the leagues top defensemen, and the Hawks need a healthy season from him to contend again.Sure thingsCrawford is coming off arguably his best NHL season and an appearance in the World Cup in which he backed up Carey Price and got to start a game. Hes rock-solid in net and one of the top five goalies in the world, in my estimation.The 1-2 punch of Kane and Toews up front is why the Hawks always have a chance. Kane is coming off a Hart Trophy season in which he led the NHL in scoring, and he shows no sign of slowing down. Hes an absolute artist on the ice. During the World Cup, Toews showed yet again the kind of two-way beast and clutch player he is.Finally,?Marcus Kruger?is a perfect fit as the No. 3 center. That 1-2-3 punch serves as an anchor around all the other uncertainty up front.PredictionThe Blackhawks are playoff-bound, for sure, but what remains a mystery at this point is whether they can regain their Cup-contender status among the top-five teams in the NHL. They have the kind of questions up front that we havent seen in a long time. Mind you, the blue line is better, and this team is rock solid in goal. Winning the division is never a priority for the Blackhawks. Another Cup run? That wouldnt surprise me.?Third in the Central.Nike Air Max 95 Sale Mens . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. http://www.airmax95outletireland.com/ . Clarke was injured while practicing on the Doha Golf Club range after the pro-am on Tuesday. The Northern Irishman arrived at the course on Wednesday hoping to start, but after hitting a few balls on the practice putting green Clarke advised officials he was not fit to play. Cheap Wholesale Air Max 95 . Tevez, who has had conflicts with coaches in the past, has not been called up since Sabella was named coach in 2011. Argentina boasts Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Angel Di Maria. Air Max 95 Cheap Authentic . -- Mike Smith never saw his first NHL goal go in.Nate Boyer, a former Green Beret and Seattle Seahawks long snapper, penned an open letter to San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick on Tuesday evening, defending his right to protest racial inequality in the United States by sitting during the national anthem.Later, in an interview with SportsCenter, Boyer said that after he listened to Kaepernicks reasoning for his protest, not only does he every right to do that, but I respect him. It was incredibly brave what he did.In the letter, which is posted at armytimes.com, Boyer says he initially felt anger toward Kaepernick but writes that hes come to a much greater understanding and appreciation of what Kaepernick is attempting to do.Im not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. Its your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and Id be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. Ive never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what youve gone through is as ignorant as someone whos never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what its like to go to war.Even though my initial reaction to your protest was one of anger, Im trying to listen to what youre saying and why youre doing it. When I told my mom about this article, she cautioned me that the last thing our country needed right now was more hate. As usual, shes right.Boyer expounded on his initial reaction in the SportsCenter interview, saying after his initial response of anger, I stopped myself, took a breath and I tried to listen and understand.There are so many different perspectives, and not just talking about from the African-American society, but from the veteran society and just from America in general. And thats what makes us great.Were all different, have different viewpoints. We come from different places. Thatt initial anger -- Im not going to say hate; I didnt have hate -- but those knee-jerk reactions that are happening in our country right now .dddddddddddd... its not helping anything. Its not solving any problems because its not a conversation, its just a yelling match.Boyer, who grew up in El Cerrito, California, just 16 miles from San Francisco, grew up a fan of the 49ers and writes that he used to dress as Joe Montana for Halloween. Also contained in the letter is a picture of a football Kaepernick signed and inscribed God bless our troops for a charity function Boyer held. The ball, he notes, went to the highest bidder, Boyers father.There are already plenty people fighting fire with fire, and its just not helping anyone or anything, Boyer wrote, finishing the letter with the Green Berets motto.So Im just going to keep listening, with an open mind. I look forward to the day youre inspired to once again stand during our national anthem. Ill be standing right there next to you. Keep on trying ... De Oppresso Liber.And Boyer wasnt the only current or former military member to offer support to Kaepernick. Late Tuesday night, the hashtag #VeteransForKaepernick was the No. 1 trending topic in the United States.In the interview with SportsCenter, Boyer said there are a lot of people from the veterans community that are supporting his decision.Whether they agree with it or not, they are supporting his right. Thats kind of where I sit. Ive got his back. I hope that he is inspired to stand for the anthem again. That would mean the world to me.49ers coach Chip Kelly said Tuesday that Kaepernick will play in Thursdays preseason finale against the?San Diego Chargers, who will be holding their annual?salute to the military at that game. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

vril said they supported Kaepernick and were thinking about staging some kind of protest.My grandfather being in the military, i
" While putting together a fine display of shotmaking for the homee-country fans was satisfying for Weir, he also knows that he

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz