n a prelim down here, he said.Finals footy is a differe

#1 von dasg234 , 10.05.2019 01:11

BLACKSBURG, Va. -- No starting quarterback? No problem for Georgia Tech.With Justin Thomas on the sideline with an injury, backup quarterback Matthew Jordan rushed for 121 yards and two touchdowns to lead the Yellow Jackets to a 30-20 upset of No. 18 Virginia Tech on Saturday.Thomas dressed for the game, but didnt play after an undisclosed injury last week at North Carolina. The Yellow Jackets (6-4, 3-4 ACC) didnt miss a beat, and Jordan, who made his first career start, repeatedly gashed the Hokies defense. He carried the ball 32 times and scored on runs of 53 and 3 yards.I really didnt know until warm-ups to be honest, Jordan said. I think I was a little bit nervous when we first started off. Once the game went along, I think I settled down.Marcus Marshall added 143 yards rushing and a score for the Yellow Jackets, who rushed for 309 yards. They also became bowl eligible.I told our kids after that game that 6-6 is not what were after, Georgia Tech coach Paul Johnson said. Once we were out of the conference race, I challenged our team to try and win nine games. If you go back and look at the last 50 years here, it hasnt been done a lot.Georgia Techs win was just the third road win over a ranked team in Johnsons tenure as coach. He took over in 2008.Virginia Tech (7-3, 5-2, No. 14 CFP), which was looking to clinch the ACCs Coastal Division crown, played its worst game of the season. The Hokies turned the ball over four times, botched a short field-goal attempt, and had a terrible snap right before halftime that ultimately led to Jordans 3-yard touchdown run. That score gave them a 20-0 halftime lead.The Hokies Jerod Evans threw a touchdown pass and ran for two scores -- the latter two coming with the game already decided.In the end, we didnt play well enough, Virginia Tech coach Justin Fuente said. We didnt deserve to win the ball game. Credit to them.THE TAKEAWAYGeorgia Tech: The Yellow Jackets defense gave up 636 yards of offense in a 48-20 loss at North Carolina a week ago, but the group held Virginia Tech to 437 yards and sacked Evans five times.I think our defensive players were probably tired of hearing how bad they were, Johnson said.Virginia Tech: The Hokies -- who hadnt turned the ball over in their previous three games -- need to find their groove on offense. They only mustered a field goal in the second half against Duke a week ago, didnt score in the first half against Georgia Tech, and had 182 of their yards on their final two drives when trailing 30-7.POLL IMPLICATIONSVoters could drop Virginia Tech down or out of the AP Top 25 when the new list comes out Sunday.UP NEXTGeorgia Tech: Returns home for the final home game of the season and takes on Virginia, the last-place team in the ACCs Coastal Division.Virginia Tech: Travels to South Bend, Indiana, to take on Notre Dame in the first meeting between the two programs.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25Air Max 95 Cheap Sale . Peter Holland and Brad Staubitz were sent to Toronto on Saturday as the Maple Leafs traded defenceman Jesse Blacker and draft picks to the Anaheim Ducks. Clearance Air Max 95 Uk . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. http://www.airmax95saleuk.com/ .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Cheap Air Max 95 Wholesale Uk . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings.After delivering his best performance of the NRL season, Will Chambers has been put on notice by Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy that he wants more of the same in Saturdays qualifying final against North Queensland.The Queensland State of Origin centre missed three months mid-season with a fractured foot but starred in the Storms 20-point win over Cronulla on Saturday to seal the minor premiership.Bellamy was delighted to see Chambers back to his aggressive best.It was a bad injury and it took a little while for him to get confidence in his foot but, with the way hes running, Im thinking hes back, Bellamy said.That was definitely his best game since hes been back from injury and we are expecting him to pick up on that now and play like that every week.Chambers, 28, said he felt like he still had improvement in him, which would be needed if they were going to beat the defending champion Cowboys at AAMI Park.Weve had two wins against them this year but they beat us in a prelim down here, he said.Finals footy is a different time of year and the Cowboys are going to come down here withh JT (Johnathan Thurston) and theyre going to throw a lot at us and we know were got to be on our A game.ddddddddddddChambers was part of the Storm side who were outgunned 32-12 by North Queensland in the preliminary final last year at AAMI Park which ended their title hopes.He said the heavy loss on their home turf still stung.It does to some extent but weve got a new playing group and theres some young boys getting their first opportunity to play finals footy, Chambers said.Theyre a new generation and they take it all in their stride which is a good thing.One of that new breed is the NRLs leading tryscorer, winger Suliasi Vunivalu, who crossed for his 22nd four-pointer against the Sharks in his debut season.Chambers said 20-year-old Vunivalu was a special player.Hes a quality footballer and a very humble kid, he said.Hes always willing to learn and hes just taking it all in his stride and, on Saturday night, he will just go about his business again. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

e after winning their first meeting 4-1. [url=ht
ck in 2010 at the age of 23.ddddddddddddHe is buried at Claibornes Marchmont Cemetery, alongside such champions as Damascus, Ack

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz