always thought Vancouver was a great city to play in and a

#1 von dasg234 , 08.05.2019 07:08

Match factsSunday, August 28, 2016 Start time 1430 local (0900 GMT)Big PictureThree days ago, there was no reason to expect that this third ODI would be particularly headline-grabbing - at least, not beyond Dambulla hosting day-night cricket for the first time in six years. Then, Tillakaratne Dilshan announced his impending retirement, Steven Smith flew home and handed Australias captaincy to David Warner, and, suddenly, there was more than your average amount of interest in the match. It will also be an important game in determining the outcome of the series - the winner will move 2-1 up with two to play.But for Sri Lankan fans, the attention will all be on Dilshan, the former captain, who is set to play his 330th and final one-day international. It will not be Dilshans last international appearance, for he is due to play in the T20s that follow this series, but it is the beginning of a farewell to a Sri Lankan favourite, and one of the last remaining international cricketers who made his debut in the 1990s.Much of the attention will also centre on Australias stand-in captain. The decision to fly Smith home to rest ahead of a busy upcoming schedule has been met with plenty of criticism. It does, though, provide an opportunity to test the leadership credentials of Warner, who has never captained Australia in any format. In fact, Warners only previous captaincy experience has come in Twenty20, so this is new for him on more than one level.Form guideAustralia: LWWWL (last five completed matches, most recent first)Sri Lanka: WLLLLIn the spotlightAt 39, Tillakaratne Dilshan has certainly been there and done that. And now, hes doing it for the last time - in ODI cricket, at least. Barring a monumental knock of 158 or more in his final innings (which would see him overtake Brian Lara), Dilshan will bow out as ODI crickets 11th highest scorer of all time. His record against Australia might not be the strongest - he has averaged 26.33 against them in 43 ODIs - but this is one last chance to make a big score against the No.1 team in the world.David Warner will become the 23rd man to captain Australia in ODIs, and while he has never led a team in 50-over cricket, his record as a captain in Twenty20 cricket makes for remarkable reading. Warner has led teams in 34 T20s for 19 wins, but even more impressive is his personal figures as skipper: he averages 53.79 and has five scores of 90 and above. His most recent captaincy experience came in the 2016 IPL, where he led Sunrisers Hyderabad to the title and was second only to Virat Kohli on the tournaments run charts. Australias powers that be will hope Warner continues to lead by example - at least, in terms of his run-making.Team newsSri Lanka have added 19-year-old right-arm pacer Lahiru Kumara for the remainder of the series, in place of allrounder Milinda Siriwardana. Like 18-year old batsman Avishka Fernando, who was named in the squad at the start of the series, Kumara has played no senior cricket at all. However, given their success in the previous match, there is every chance Sri Lanka will go in with an unchanged side.Sri Lanka (possible) 1 Danushka Gunathilaka, 2 Tillakaratne Dilshan, 3 Kusal Mendis, 4 Dinesh Chandimal (wk), 5 Angelo Mathews (capt), 6 Dhananjaya de Silva, 7 Kusal Perera, 8 Thisara Perera, 9 Seekkuge Prasanna, 10 Dilruwan Perera, 11 Amila Aponso.Smiths departure will force at least one change to the top order, with either Shaun Marsh or Usman Khawaja coming into the XI. The selectors might also be tempted to strengthen the attack after Australias combined fifth bowler - Moises Henriques and Travis Head - leaked runs at an alarming rate in the second game. Henriques has struggled for form on this tour, and dropping him would allow Head - who has one-day scores of 202 and 175 in the past year - to move into the top-six.Australia (possible) 1 David Warner (capt), 2 Aaron Finch, 3 Shaun Marsh/Usman Khawaja, 4 George Bailey, 5 Matthew Wade (wk), 6 Travis Head, 7 James Faulkner, 8 Mitchell Starc, 9 Adam Zampa, Josh Hazlewood, 11 Nathan Lyon.Pitch and conditionsAlthough pace bowlers have a strong record of wicket-taking in Dambulla, the Australians anticipate that the pitch will still offer plenty for the spinners.Stats and triviaThis will be the first day-night ODI in Dambulla since 2010, when the floodlights were deemed to be of inadequate strength. They have now been upgradedAustralia have played only two matches - in any format - in Dambulla. Both were ODIs played in 2004. They won one and lost oneThe departure of Smith deprives Australia not only of their captain, but also of the highest run-scorer in ODI cricket worldwide over the past yearQuotes I think he deserves a break, whether or not it was during the series or before the series. It is going to be very, very tough with the scheduling these days to play all three forms and every single game possible.David Warner, Australias stand-in captain, on Steven Smith flying home mid-seriesNike Air Max 90 Cheap Wholesale . The Croatian served 21 aces and hit 42 winners against Sijsling, who double-faulted to give Cilic a 4-3 lead in the deciding set. "All the players, they know me and they were really happy to see me and they were really happy that this is over for me," Cilic said. Air Max 90 Clearance Sale .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. http://www.australiaairmax90cheap.com/ .ca NFL Power Rankings, overtaking the Denver Broncos and remaining ahead of NFC competition San Francisco, Carolina and New Orleans. Buy Air Max 90 Australia . The team says the Spain international has a muscle pull in his right leg. Barcelona hosts third-division side Cartagena in the return leg of their round-of-32 tie after winning their first meeting 4-1. Air Max 90 Australia Sale .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs.Former St. Louis Blues captain David Backes said he got goosebumps thinking about joining a team that already includes centers like Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci.These guys get it, the free agent forward said Friday after signing with the Boston Bruins in the first 30 minutes of NHL free agency. They know what its going to take to win. Thats what sold me on it. ... If you have prominent players that are putting team first, the rest of the guys really have no choice.A two-time U.S. Olympian, Backes agreed to a five-year, $30 million deal with the Bruins and said he hoped to help the Original Six club return to the playoffs for the first time in three seasons. Listing off some of the players already on the roster, Backes said it was more of a retooling than a rebuilding.Some guys would have looked at it like, `Youve already got Bergeron and Krejci, where will I play? David said, `Boy, I get to play with Bergeron and Krejci, Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said. These guys are going to be the leading core to get us where we want to go. The younger guys are going to have to get on board.Backes, 32, is the first major addition this offseason for a team that won the 2011 Stanley Cup and returned to the finals two years later. The team re-signed defenseman Torey Krug and bought out the contract of defenseman Dennis Seidenberg on Thursday. Free agents Loui Eriksson and Lee Stempniak agreed to deals with the Canucks and Carolina, respectively.I always thought Vancouver was a great city to play in and a great organization, Eriksson said.Also signing with Boston on the first day of free agency were defensemen Tommmy Cross and John-Michael Liles, goalie Anton Khudobin, and forwards Riley Nash, Tyler Randell and Tim Schaller.ddddddddddddheyre trying to get pieces back that will get them over the hump, Backes said. They barely missed the playoffs last year, and if they had (made it) I dont think anyone would have wanted to play them.Backes had 21 goals and 24 assists last season for the Blues. In a 10-year NHL career -- all with St. Louis -- he has 206 goals and 254 assists in 727 regular-season games.Backes, whos from Minneapolis, said it was difficult for his family to leave St. Louis, the team that selected him in the second round of the 2003 draft.It was tough in that its all Ive known, he said in a conference call with reporters. It happens a lot in this business, it hasnt happened to us. But change is good.Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said talks with his captain broke down over the length of the deal.I had no problem bringing David Backes back, and I wish we could have, he said. I wasnt comfortable with the term. It was problematic for me, personally, to (sign) out that far with players. Theres analytical data (that) shows where players play at their peak, and we wanted to try and stay within a window. We were ready to stretch that window but only to a certain level.But Backes said hes got a lot left.Im 32, not 52, he said. I think theres plenty of legs and energy left in me. I expect to still be at the top of my game.---AP Hockey Writer Stephen Whyno contributed to this story. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

t won in the majors since June 29, 2011
For people who smoke, it is best

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz