sted in seeing David be really ruthless with that line and length and accuracy.A first-class batting average of 27.69 attests to

#1 von dasg234 , 24.04.2019 14:49

Jake Stringer impressed in a rare VFL outing but the Western Bulldogs forward is no certainty to be recalled for the final round of the AFL season.Stringer has struggled this month after returning from a shoulder injury and the star was dropped for the Bulldogs clash with Essendon at Etihad Stadium.Coach Luke Beveridge is desperate for the 22-year-old to rediscover his game-breaking form of 2015.Beveridge was satisfied with Stringers effort for Footscray on the weekend.But the second-year coach added that does not guarantee the reigning All-Australian will face Fremantle on Sunday in the final game of the regular season.The important thing is ... the 22 picked at AFL level is picked on its merits, Beveridge said after his sides 40-point win over Essendon.Jake will come back into our AFL team, whether its next week or the week after who knows.But theres certain standards that his teammates have set and expectations (that Stringer is not reaching).Hell come up to that pretty quickly and when he does well consider him for the 22.Stringer booted a single goal against Werribee but hunted the ball with trademark aggression.Jakey really applied himself. He had an impact. There were quite a few very, very good players at VFL level, Beveridge said.Its always a positive if he does score but its not what he is assessed on. Its not what his teammates appraise him on.But there were lots of good things about his game ... he had an impact, so well work through selection this week.Beveridge added that Stringer had taken his axing very well.We just discussed it on the Tuesday - that it was a possibility, he said.He processed it like a mature young man. He really applied himself today and he had some involvement in contest.Beveridge is likely to make at least two changes to the side that defeated Essendon.Easton Wood is set to be an enforced omission because of a ankle injury, while injured defenders Dale Morris and Matt Suckling are both close to returning.Nike SB NZ For Sale . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Cheap Nike SB NZ Free Shipping .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.discountnikesbnz.com/ . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Discount Nike SB NZ Online . Wall made the comment in a speech to a Regina business crowd that included Lesnar. The U.S. wrestler and retired mixed martial artist says he was visiting his brothers farm in Saskatchewan and decided he wanted to hear what the premier had to say. Cheap Nike SB NZ . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999.On August 11 last year, David Willey stood up to speak on the Northamptonshire team bus. For weeks rumours had been circulating that he would move to Yorkshire. Willey wanted his team-mates to know before the news was released.He said Im leaving and going to Yorkshire but Im going to win the T20 for Northants. I love Northants, recalls Steven Crook. He was really really determined - not just for himself and the squad but the people of Northants. He wanted to leave a parting gift before he left.A few hours after Willey spoke, Northants arrived in Hove, to prepare for their Twenty20 quarter-final against Sussex. The next day, before the game began, Willey had that look in his eyes and you could tell he was really up for it, Crook says. Its the big stage, he eats that stuff for breakfast.On this day, Willey would eat Sussexs bowling for his dinner. Ten of the 41 deliveries he received were bludgeoned for six: it was among the most remarkable exhibitions of hitting ever seen in an English domestic ground. Willey was dismissed for a round hundred, and Northants waltzed to victory.Before T20 Finals Day, Willeys departure was made official. In the semi-final, venomous left-arm swing combined with the sheer force of Willeys personality to dismiss Varun Chopra, William Porterfield and Ian Bell within eight balls, and so set up Northants triumph over the holders, Birmingham Bears.Only the final was left. Willey bowled four parsimonious overs, snared Jos Buttler and Ashwell Prince and hit a rapid 24, but there was to be no storybook ending. There was nobody more gutted than David Willey that day, Crook says.These few weeks were Willey in excelsis: a cricketer who hurls all of himself into every delivery. Sometimes, his combativeness reflects antagonism towards his opponents. On T20 Finals Day in 2013, Willey launched into an undignified verbal battle with Jade Dernbach. The histrionics only sharpened Willeys focus: he looted 20 from one Dernbach over, then followed it up with a hat-trick in Northants victory. I dont particularly like the bloke, Willey declared after the final. He made an idiot of himself out there.To Crook, who changed next to him at Northants for several years, the day remains the embodiment of Willey as a cricketer and as a man. Thats him. Theres no filter. He says what he feels… Hes just got something - this ability to change games, whether thats because hes angry or whatever it is. Hes just got this determination that he wants to win and wants to do well.Northants will be reminded of those traits at Headingley on Friday evening as Willey strives to overturn his old team-mates and keep Yorkshire in with a chance of claiming a place alongside his old county in the NatWest Blast quarter-finals.England fans have seen plenty of these traits in recent months. Wileys emergence has been completely in sync with Englands reinvigoration in white ball cricket, which doesnt feel like coincidence.In Malahide last May, Willey made his debut. I said to myself I dont know how long this is going to last, so whatever I do I want to enjoy it, he says. I dont want to look back and say I put too much pressure on myself and therefore didnt enjoy it. He has been as good as his word, a beneficiary of the relaxed dressing room established by Trevor Bayliss and Eoin Morgan.The thing Ive noticed is you come in and are told to do exactly what you do at your county, which is good, and are given the freedom to play the cricket that you want. Weve got a group of aggressive, positive cricketers and they all try to play in the same way.That much has been evident not just in ODI cricket but during Englands World Twenty20 campaign. Willey swung the new ball with venom and was named in the ICCs team of the tournament, reaffirming the impression of a man with a penchant for the big stage.It was a great experience: its what you dream about as a kid playing in a tournament like that.Though the team was distraught after the agony of the final, Willey takes a longer view. At the end of the day its only a game of cricket. It was a fairly successful tournament if you look at the bigger picture: it was a young squad, the first competition together as a new squad, so I dont think we can be too disappointed.His status as a valued member of Englands limited-overs side will bring many opportunities abroad: he expects to return to Perth Scorchers forr the Big Bash this winter, and would like to play in the IPL one day.ddddddddddddBut there is a palpable tension between these ambitions and a desire to play Test cricket, which drove his decision to leave his boyhood club for the county champions. I want to be one of the best. Its just pushing me to improve my game, and hopefully I can become one of the main figures in the side here, he says. Theres nowhere to hide here which is what I like, so thats been great.The coming months are shaping up to be decisive in Willeys aspirations to be a Test cricketer. He is 26, an age that still leaves him time to improve but, should he make little progress in the next two years, life as virtually a full-time limited-overs player, following the path trailblazed by Eoin Morgan, might come to be more alluring.If Willey is to follow his father, Peter, into Test cricket, he will have to wrestle with a problem familiar to the T20 age: how can he improve in first-class cricket while he plays so little of it? Since his England debut last May, Willey has only played six first-class matches - the result of injury last season, his limited-overs commitments for England, and the WT20 delaying the start of his Yorkshire career.While Bayliss has floated the idea that ODI cricket could be a shop window for the Test side, Willey takes a more old-fashioned view, reckoning there is too much of a contrast between the formats for limited-overs performances to be a pathway to Test cricket.Theres plenty for me to work on. Its a long way off and theres a lot of work to be done - Im aware of that, and Im not deluded about where Im at as a red-ball cricketer. But if I havent got Test ambitions, whats the point in me playing four-day cricket?Jason Gillespie, who lured Willey to Yorkshire, does not consider these ambitions outlandish. Willey could offer England a left-arm option they have lacked in Test cricket since Ryan Sidebottoms last appearance, at the start of 2010. Theres real potential there. Theres a spot available for someone who can bowl on the other side of the wicket at good pace, Gillespie says. Its well within his grasp. What Ive seen is someone who has a brilliant attitude to all of his cricket - batting, bowling, fielding and fitness work. I see a real desire to be better and a determination to be the best cricketer he can be.Willey reckons that he needs to bowl a bit quicker, with more control to have a realistic chance of playing Tests. Gillespie takes the view that accuracy is the more important of the two to harness. He bowls low to mid 80s. If youre consistently swinging the ball and nailing your line and length, you will cause trouble. I dont think pace is the be all and end all. Id be just as interested in seeing David be really ruthless with that line and length and accuracy.A first-class batting average of 27.69 attests to a multi-faceted cricketer. So it seems curious that he only batted once in Englands ODI series with Sri Lanka, and was demoted below Liam Plunkett in the order, just as he has been for Yorkshire in first-class cricket.As an old team-mate said to me, Im a bowler that gives it a bit of a slog and scores a few runs. Im not too disappointed with how low Im batting, he says. Im probably a bowler who can bat a bit but Id like to make myself into a genuine allrounder. The more involved I am with games the more enjoyable it is for me - and at the end of the day thats what you play cricket for, to enjoy it and contribute in all three aspects.Gillespie disputes Willeys self-assessment, seeing in him a man who could bat at No. 7 or 8 in Test cricket. Hes got the game. I see more than someone who just biffs the ball. Hes got a very decent technique but he can put the good ball away for a boundary. Theres nothing more demoralising for an international bowler: you bowl your best ball and it goes to the boundary. David has the potential to be that person.Whether Willey will be able to straddle the competing demands of the modern age and nurture his red-ball game while remaining a crucial component for England in limited-overs cricket is unclear. But Willey will give everything of himself in trying. I just try and play every game as if its going to be my last, he says. He knows no other way. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

ses, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Ham
, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz