in Cuba I didnt travel as much as they do here. But Im ready to play

#1 von dasg234 , 06.11.2019 11:39

BALTIMORE -- Houston Astros manager A.J. Hinch has already described Yulieski Gurriel as an international star. Now, the 32-year-old Cuban is getting a chance to make his mark in the majors.Gurriel singled in his first big league at-bat Sunday after being called up from Triple-A Fresno earlier in the day.I wasnt sure I was going to get my first hit that fast, Gurriel said. I will take care of (the ball) and put it away and put in a place that is very special.Gurriel was the designated hitter against Baltimore, and he came to the plate in the second inning after waiting a bit -- the start of the game at Camden Yards was delayed more than four hours because of rain.Gurriel finished 1 for 2 with a walk and a groundout. He left the game in the eighth with right hamstring tightness and is day to day.This is the one test in his whole life he has never answered, Hinch said. Hes played at every level in the world and been on the center stage and one of the best international players for a long time. This will be different for him, hell feel like a rookie again.Gurriel, who signed a $47.5 million, five-year deal with the Astros on July 16, is primarily a third baseman. This weekend, the AL wild-card contenders sent third baseman Luis Valbuena back to Houston to re-evaluate his injured right hamstring, and he could be out for the season.But Gurriel can play other positions and could possibly get some time in left field, Hinch said. Gurriel said he is open to helping the club any way he can.Im not going to be nervous. Excited is probably a better word, Gurriel said through a translator. This has been a dream of mine for years. For a Cuban player to make it is a big deal, so Im excited.Gurriel batted .250 with two home runs and 14 RBI in 15 games (56 at-bats) with four Astros minor league affiliates. That was enough for Houston to give him an opportunity at the major league level, especially with Valbuena ailing.He got up to 50 at-bats with us in the minor leagues, Hinch said. Thats a normal spring training for him. Weve bounced him around the country. But from a baseball standpoint, hes ready and hes ready for this challenge. To add him to this group is exciting for us, certainly fun for us, our guys will be excited about it. His baseball readiness, hes in shape and ready to go.Gurriel said the biggest adjustment might be dealing with all of the excessive travel of a major leaguer. That was never an issue in his native Cuba. He got his first taste of that grind flying from California to Maryland to meet his new teammates.Those trips are always a little tiring, Gurriel said. Obviously, in Cuba I didnt travel as much as they do here. But Im ready to play and help my team today.To make room on the roster, infielder Tyler White was optioned to Triple-A after Saturdays game.Wholesale Air Max . Miller finished in two minutes, 6.09 seconds, one day before the first medal race on the Alpine schedule. The 36-year-old American also turned in the top time in Thursdays opening training session. Cheap Air Max For Sale . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. https://www.airmaxchina.us/ . Neymar curled home a free kick from just outside the area to put the 2014 World Cup host ahead in the 44th minute. Three minutes after the break, a simple through pass from Paulinho freed Oscar and the Chelsea star rounded goalkeeper Jung Sung-ryong to extend Brazils lead. Cheap Air Max . PETERSBURG, Fla. Air Max Outlet . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak.Greeny and Golic welcome ESPN Radios Mike Golic Jr. (6:30 a.m. ET), ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski (7:30), ESPNs Field Yates (8:00), NHL Hall of Famer Brett Hull (8:45) and ESPN CFB analyst Joey Galloway (9:00) to the show on Friday.Get in touch with Mike & Mike by emailing (mikeandmike@espnraddio.ddddddddddddcom) or tweeting (@MikeAndMike) the guys -- we will be with you from 6-10 a.m. ET. Follow all of the action on ESPN2, ESPN Radio and ESPNRadio.com. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

om the Eastern Conference finals by the eventual NBA champio
edway. [url=https://www.nbachinajerseys.us/]NBA Jers

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz