Tom Izzo and Jerry Reinsdorf. Posthumous honorees include 27-year NBA referee Darell Garretson; John McLendon, the first Africa

#1 von dasg234 , 05.11.2019 14:50

BOSTON -- Mark Trumbo gave the Baltimore Orioles another mighty home run, and Kevin Gausman took it from there.Trumbo hit his major league-leading 42nd home run, Gausman outpitched Rick Porcello over eight innings and the Orioles pulled within a game of AL East-leading Boston with a 1-0 win over the Red Sox on Wednesday night.Baltimore took two of three in the series at Fenway Park and pulled a game ahead of slumping Toronto for the top AL wild card. The Blue Jays lost at home to Tampa Bay 8-1 earlier Wednesday.The guys have earned the right to play these type of games. Its a very quiet confidence, Os manager Buck Showalter said. Theyre not guys that toot their own horn. I think they kind of like when people sell them short.Gausman (8-10) and Porcello (20-4) both pitched gems and had nearly identical line scores over eight innings, except Porcello threw a hanging slider that Trumbo drove over the Green Monster on the first pitch of the second inning.It was a bad pitch and he jumped all over it, said Porcello, who lost a home start for the first time this season.Trumbos at-bat in the second was about the only time a hitter prevailed against either starter. Each finished with six strikeouts and limited a powerful offense to four hits before giving way to the bullpen in the ninth.This was a classic pitchers duel, Boston manager John Farrell said. In the second inning, you dont think theres only going to be one run on the board for both clubs combined but tip your hat to both guys.Zach Britton closed for his 43rd save.Porcello was 13-0 in home starts with one no decision entering the game. Trumbo belted the first pitch of the second inning out to left, easily clearing the Monster for his career-high 100th RBI. The one run ended up deciding the series, with another to follow next week when the Orioles host the Red Sox for four games.Were just out there competing. You dont really take into account whos done what where, Trumbo said. Whether it be at this park or another one, we still have a job to do.Meanwhile, the Yankees are hanging around behind the Os and Blue Jays in fourth place. New York comes to Boston for a four-game series trailing the Red Sox by four games.We dont anticipate anything different from here all the way out, Farrell said. This is going to be a hard-fought division right to the final game of the season. We fully embrace it. We fully expect it and were looking forward to the challenges ahead.GREAT GAUSMANThis was Gausmans fourth scoreless outing in his past five starts and matched the longest start of his career. He threw 120 pitches and lowered his ERA to 3.43.I think Im just being a lot more consistent with all my pitches, Gausman said. Every year Ive always got better as the years gone on, but this year its kind of all clicking for me.POWERED UPBaltimore homered three times Tuesday in a 6-3 win to even the series, then clinched its fourth straight series victory with another homer by Trumbo.Hes figured some things out. Hes not as susceptible to offspeed pitches as he once was, Farrell said. Hes got as much power as anybody in the game and if you dont make your pitches, you see what he can do with it.OUCHBoston had a scare in the second when J.J. Hardy hit a hard grounder up the middle and the ball bounced off Porcellos calf to third baseman Travis Shaw. Hardy ran out the single while Porcello limped around the mound, and the game was delayed briefly to allow Porcello a few warm-ups before continuing.It got me in a good spot. If it got me in the shin it might have been a little bit tougher, Porcello said.TRAINERS ROOMOrioles: OF Steve Pearce was in New York on Wednesday to receive a platelet-rich plasma injection the Orioles hope will speed his recovery from a sore right elbow. Well let it run its course and see if hes going to be available to us at some point, Showalter said.Red Sox: RHP Steven Wright (right shoulder strain) is expected to start throwing next week in Fort Myers, Florida. Farrell said the knuckleballer will need to gradually regain some arm strength and his return during the regular season is uncertain. I dont want to rule it out, but at this point its going to become a little bit more challenging with each passing day, Farrell said.UP NEXTOrioles: RHP Yovani Gallardo (5-7, 5.44 ERA) starts as the Orioles are back at home for a four-game series against last-place Tampa Bay. LHP Blake Snell (5-8, 3.62) starts for the Rays.Red Sox: LHP Eduardo Rodriguez (2-7, 4.70) gets the start Thursday as Boston opens a four-game series against the New York Yankees. RHP Masahiro Tanaka (13-4, 3.04) is up in the visiting Yankees rotation.Yeezy 350 v2 Zebra 2019 . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Cheap Yeezy 350 v2 White . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night. http://www.yeezys350cheap.com/fake-yeezy-350-black-wholesale.html . The 31-year-old Spain midfielder hasnt played since Madrid lost in the Copa del Rey final to Atletico Madrid in May due to back and foot injuries. Cheap Yeezy 350 V3 . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. Wholesale Yeezy 350 v2 Womens . Halladay signed a one-day contract with the Toronto Blue Jays on Monday that allowed the veteran right-hander to retire as a member of team with which he broke into the majors and spent the bulk of his distinguished 16-year career.SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Allen Iverson wants to thank the haters, too.The former Philadelphia 76ers point guard said he will save time in his Basketball Hall of Fame induction speech to mention the people who criticized him throughout his career, explaining that they are also responsible for molding the player that earned a spot in the Springfield shrine.Even the ones that were negative in my career, obviously to try prove them wrong was a motivation, he said Thursday after arriving late to a pre-induction press conference. I had to overcome what they said about me. I had to overcome all that to be wearing this (Hall of Fame) jacket right now. The naysayers, they helped me, too.An 11-time All-Star, Iverson averaged 26.7 points and 6.2 assists in his 14-year NBA career. But he was also a polarizing figure in a league struggling with racial issues, with his tattoos and cornrows and embrace of a hip-hop culture that was at odds with the corporate image the NBA wanted to project.A dozen years after Michael Jordan joined the league and established himself as its greatest player -- and greatest pitchman -- Iverson was a different kind of star.When it came to basketball, obviously I wanted to me like Mike. Doesnt everybody? Iverson told reporters on Thursday during a media availability for the Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame Class of 2016. But I didnt want to talk like him. I felt it was enough being who my mom loved.Funny at times and emotional at others, Iverson acknowledged that he made mistakes, attributing many of them to entering the league as a 21-year-old with the expectations of a historic franchise on his shoulders. Listing former Philadelphia stars like Julius Erving, Moses Malone, Billy Cunningham and Bobby Jones, Iverson lamented having to come in there and fill all those shoes -- when I was only a size 10 -- and those guys are greats.I was a puppy, he said. All the mistakes I was making, I didnt even realize I was making mistaakes.dddddddddddd. I was poor all my life. Then all of the sudden you put your John Hancock down and youre rich. I still dont know. In the aftermath of being an NBA player, Im still learning ... Im still finding my way.Also scheduled to be inducted on Friday night are Shaquille ONeal, Yao Ming, Sheryl Swoopes, Tom Izzo and Jerry Reinsdorf. Posthumous honorees include 27-year NBA referee Darell Garretson; John McLendon, the first African-American coach in a professional league; Cumberland Posey, who also is in the Baseball Hall of Fame; and Zelmo Beaty, who led Prairie View to an NAIA title in 1962.Iverson, 41, said his induction will be a proud moment for his fans, and all the people that are waiting for A.I. to get a chance to say `He did what you never thought he could do.Thats a great feeling for me, he said. For all the barbershop talk, the ones that supported me can always say, `This guy was immortalized by being a Hall of Famer.Questions about Iverson persisted right up until Thursdays news conference.Iverson was a no-show at the 2 p.m. ceremony where inductees were presented with their Hall of Fame jackets. Its unusual for an inductee to miss the event; even posthumous honorees are usually represented by a family member.Players were ushered upstairs to a function room to answer reporters questions shortly after 3 p.m., and ONeal soon launched into an imitation of Iversons notorious Practice? speech.Its the basketball Hall of Fame. I dont know how you miss this, ONeal said. Im going to get my jacket AND my ring.Iverson arrived at about 3:30 p.m., sliding into a Naismith Orange Hall of Fame jacket and taking a seat at his table. Asked about the delay, Iverson said it involved a personal situation; family.Thats the first thing you want to know about me, man? he added. Why cant it just be good news? ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

amount of acceleration going through the body, the
courts.ddddddddddddExperience might be the best antidote to drifts.Vet

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz