otable news was the fact that Rondon is replacing Ramirez, who

#1 von dasg234 , 04.11.2019 12:28

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Jordy Nelsons return to practice was greeted with big cheers as the Green Bay Packers got one of their big playmakers back.At least for a little bit of practice.Nelson, who missed all of last season with a knee injury, was limited to individual drills Monday and primarily ran routes on air and caught passes from Aaron Rodgers and rookie backups Joe Callahan and Marquise Williams. His goal is simple in his long-awaited comeback: Be ready to play this years season opener on the road against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sept. 11.Obviously, theres prep that goes into the season with the training camp, Nelson said, but the important stuff is the games, when it really matters.The Packers activated Nelson, entering his ninth year, from the physically unable to perform list last week after he had been out with an injury to his other knee.After keeping his nose in the playbook and paying close attention to the tendencies of defensive backs as he watched practice while he was sidelined, Nelson doesnt feel the missed time on the field will be detrimental.I felt better today, honestly, than what I thought I was going to be, wind-wise, conditioning-wise, of running those routes and being full padded and everything, Nelson said. So I thought that was a good sign.He acknowledged with a laugh that his cameo work on the field Monday hardly constituted a practice. But that was good enough for those seated in the nearby bleachers as they cheered every catch by Nelson, who participated in warmups with the team before Green Bays preseason game Thursday.Yeah, obviously, the fans are excited, Nelson said. Im excited to be back out there practicing and getting ready for Week 1.Nelson, who tore the ACL in his right knee in a preseason game last summer at Pittsburgh, doesnt know if he will be cleared to play any of the Packers remaining two exhibition games. That includes Friday night at San Francisco, where Rodgers could get his first preseason action.Were progressing, said Nelson, then adding, Its a fluid situation of how everything reacts and how we feel.While Nelson being on the field was big news, the Packers solidified another significant development with their offense. Coach Mike McCarthy announced before practice that JC Tretter earned the starting spot at center over incumbent Corey Linsley, who is on the PUP list because of a hamstring injury.JC Tretter has had an excellent camp, said McCarthy, who alluded to Linsleys prolonged unavailability this summer as a factor in the decision.Tretter, who has been working with the first-string offensive line since the first day of training camp, took the news in stride after he was informed by the coaches Monday morning.Itll be a great opportunity, but I dont think the mindset really changes much, said Tretter, a fourth-year pro. Its just continue to grind away and continue to do what you can to get better every day.Game notesStarting S Morgan Burnett (back) remained sidelined. Micah Hyde started the first two preseason games with Burnett out. Brett Hundley, the Packers top backup quarterback, didnt practice Monday after he aggravated an ankle injury in Thursdays game. Backup G Josh Walker (knee) also was out. Second-year LB Jake Ryan returned to practice after being sidelined since early August with a hamstring injury. ... The Packers released first-year G Matt Rotheram and undrafted rookie long snapper Jesse Schmitt. Rotheram (biceps) and Schmitt (broken hand) suffered injuries earlier in the preseason.---AP NFL websites: http://pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFLCheap Air Max 2018 . A big centre with all the tools to be an elite player, Johansen paced the Blue Jackets with a standout game Saturday night. He had a goal and two assists for a career-high three points as Columbus beat the New York Islanders 5-2 to snap a five-game losing streak. Nike Air Max 95 Sale . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. http://www.airmax2018womens.us/ . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. Air Max 90 Sale . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. White Air Max Online . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said.SAN DIEGO -- Perhaps the most interesting matchup Wednesday in the rubber match of the three-game series between the Milwaukee Brewers and Padres at Petco Park is not the one between the starting pitchers.Both teams are starting rookie shortstops called up during the past week.Orlando Arcia made his major league debut Tuesday night for the Brewers, and Jose Rondon made his third start for the Padres.Arcia, 22, was considered the top prospect in the Milwaukee farm system as well as the 13th overall prospect in the minor leagues when he was promoted to the Brewers early Tuesday morning from Triple-A Colorado Springs.Its always a thrill to call anyone up, but I knew this was a big deal when I saw a camera outside the clubhouse today waiting for Orlando, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said of Arcias arrival.I know a lot of people are really excited about it. He is an important player, and now we get to watch him grow every day ... struggle and grow from it, which is fun. Its fun to get a guy like that started. Orlando has had expectation for a long time. Hes a performer. He knows how to handle it.Rondon is not ranked as highly among the Padres prospects as Arcia is with the Brewers. However, the 22-year-old Venezuelan was having a solid season at Double-A San Antonio after struggling with injuries in 2015 during his first full season in the San Diego system.He came to the Padres in 2014 as part of the package the Los Angeles Angels used to lure closer Huston Street to Anaheim.On Tuesday, Padres manager Andy Green told veteran shortstop Alexei Ramirez that he was no longer the regular shortstop as long as Rondon is with the team.Rondon, who had spent three days with the Padres last weekend while third baseman Yangervis Solarte was away from the team on family leave, was recalled Tuesday when infielder/outfielder Alexi Amarista was placed on the 15-day disabled liist due to a left hamstring strain he sustained Monday night.ddddddddddddThe more notable news was the fact that Rondon is replacing Ramirez, who started 98 of the Padres first 103 games at short.As things changed near the trade deadline, it became obvious that were moving in a younger direction, Green said. It doesnt mean that every young prospect who could be here right now is going to be here right at the present moment. But when the young guys are here, were going to have them on the baseball field pretty consistently.Alexei will get on the field on a much more sporadic basis going forward. When Jose Rondon is here, more times than not, he is going to be out there unless we fell he needs a break physically or mentally.I dont think Alexei liked it hearing that. I wouldnt have expected anything else. Hes spent his entire life on the baseball field. Its a tough thing to hear and a tough thing to adjust to. I respect that.As for the pitching matchup Wednesday afternoon, San Diego right-hander Edwin Jackson faces Milwaukee right-hander Junior Guerra.Jackson is 1-1 with a 5.19 ERA in three starts for the Padres. He is 1-2 with a 5.46 ERA in 11 games overall this year, counting his relief work with the Miami Marlins earlier in the season. Jackson took a no-hitter into the seventh inning of his Padres debut at Petco Park on July 17 against the San Francisco Giants.In his career against the Brewers, he is 5-7 with a 3.89 ERA in 17 games (14 starts).Guerra is 7-2 with a 2.70 ERA in 16 starts. More important, he has positioned the Brewers to go 11-5 in his 16 starts. Opponents are hitting .201 against Guerra. Earlier this season, in his only career start against the Padres, he blanked San Diego on two hits over six innings in Milwaukee. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

t.The top-10 shootout will finalise the front
ho was 9-1 against the Wolverines before resigning in 2011 amid NC

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz