Marisnick made a diving catch in centre field and thre

#1 von dasg234 , 04.11.2019 12:28

Dont expect to see him in a cage tomorrow -- or anytime this year, for that matter -- but Shane Carwin is in the process of resuming his fighting career.A laundry list of injuries caused the former UFC interim heavyweight champion to officially announce his retirement in 2013. He hasnt fought since June 2011, when he suffered a decision loss to Junior dos Santos at UFC 131.Carwin, 41, says he initially thought hed never come out of retirement, but his body has responded well to this five-year break. Last month, Carwin and his manager, Jason Genet, reached out to UFC matchmaker Joe Silva to discuss a comeback.Right now, theres a lot of paperwork to go through, Carwin told ESPNs 5 Rounds Podcast. My son is getting into training, so I thought this was an opportunity to come back. Im healthy. I feel good with the time off.It was a sad way for me to go out, with the back injuries and the knee, my neck -- everything. My body needed that break, and quite honestly, back then, the way we were training, I feel we probably trained too much. Too intense. We were sparring three times a week. A lot has revolutionized in the last five years. Its kind of changed the sport. I look at [training] schedules and theyre not as demanding on the body [now].According to Genet, Carwin (12-2) had two fights left on his UFC contract when he retired. If, for whatever reason, the UFC isnt interested in Carwins comeback, Genet anticipates the promotion would grant him a release to pursue other opportunities.Those discussions are still in a very early phase. Under the UFCs anti-doping policy, which launched July 1 last year, a retired athlete wishing to resume his or her career must first be subject to a four-month testing window by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).The UFC can waive that requirement under exceptional circumstances, as it did for Brock Lesnar ahead of UFC 200, but Genet said Carwin is very willing to undergo four months of testing -- meaning theres no immediate rush for the UFC to book him a date and opponent.Shane wants to do it without any question marks, Genet said. We spoke to Joe Silva, who told us what to do, who to talk to. We spoke to the legal department and [UFC Vice President of Athlete Health and Wellness] Jeff Novitzky. Jeff is ready to start the USADA process whenever we are. Thats the easy part. We asked the legal department if they want to be in the Shane Carwin business and asked them another specific question I wont get into right now. We have not heard back on either question yet.While his management sorts out the details, Carwin says his full focus now is on the gym. He intends to train with his former coach Leister Bowling, who is now the head coach of Colorados Elevation Fight Team with striking coach Christian Allen and grappling coach Eliot Marshall.In order to give his body proper rest, Carwin hasnt done any fight-specific training in years, but he is confident his skills havent deteriorated. If hes proven wrong in the gym in the coming months, hell rethink the idea of coming back -- but he doesnt anticipate that happening.Ive told myself theres no guarantees, Carwin said. If I get in the room and dont dominate like I used to, its probably not a wise thing to go in there and fight someone near the top of the world. But if I am, Im definitely going to be fighting.I knew when I saw Georges St-Pierre, who retired in late 2014, what he was going through at the very end, I knew exactly how he felt. I was just worn out, stressed out, not fun anymore. Too many people in your pockets, demanding this and that. Everything became everything I didnt want this sport to become, if that makes sense. It was too much business, not so much my love for the sport. I grew old of it real quick.When asked what caliber of opponent hed want whenever he does return, Carwin laughed and said, Im not so sure Id have a choice. Im pretty sure theyd stick me in there [with the top]. And Im OK with that.A former collegiate wrestler and football player, Carwin rose to the top of the heavyweight division in 2010 by winning his first 12 professional fights in the first round. He won the UFC interim title by knocking out Frank Mir at UFC 111.At UFC 116 in July 2011, Carwin fought Lesnar for the unified heavyweight title. He badly hurt Lesnar with punches in the opening round but tired in the next frame, where he lost via submission.Carwin says he doesnt lose sleep over that loss, but he would gladly accept a chance to fight Lesnar again. Lesnar, who is under contract with the WWE, fought at UFC 200 last month and defeated Mark Hunt, but he failed a pair of drug tests. He is currently facing a potential two-year suspension.Id always have interest in fighting that guy again, whether it be on the street or what, Carwin said. I would like to get another shot at that. I dont know if that will happen. Im not focused on him. Im just focused on getting back there and doing the game I love so much.Discount Air Max .ca. Kerry, Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count? All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. Wholesale Air Max From China .In my heart and mind Im competing for India, luge competitor Shiva Keshavan told The Associated Press in an email interview. Every day Im flooded with messages from Indians all over the world telling me they are supporting me. http://www.cheapairmaxshoesfreeshipping.com/ . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Cheap Air Max China . Their experience showed Tuesday as the No. 10 Badgers blunted a Saint Louis surge to win 63-57 and advance to face West Virginia in Wednesdays finals of the Cancun Challenge. Cheap Air Max Authentic . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs.MIAMI -- For some reason, the lowest-scoring team in the majors adds up to big trouble for Matt Harvey. The last-place Marlins once again stalled the NLs starting pitcher in the All-Star game, and Miami beat the New York Mets 3-0 Thursday. Harvey (8-3) allowed three runs and five hits in 5 2-3 innings and struck out eight as the New York Mets lost 3-0 to the Marlins. "My job is to put up zeros regardless of what else is going on," Harvey said. "I only have one concentration, and thats my job at hand. Im going to say that until Im blue in the face. My job is to put up zeros, and obviously I didnt do that today. Im not happy about it." It was the first time the Mets had been shut out since May 25 against Atlanta. "He deserves a better fate than what he has had," Mets manager Terry Collins said. "He has pitched great. We just dont score many runs." Harveys three shortest outings this season have come at Marlins Park. He is 0-1 with a 3.52 ERA in four starts against the Marlins this season while going 8-2 with a 1.97 ERA against the rest of the majors. "Its not like I take this start or this team any different than against any other team," Harvey said. "Its just been that team this year that happens to squeeze out some runs." Tom Koehler (3-6) pitched six effective innings as he gave up five hits, walked five and struck out five. "The key is really not to think about it too much," Koehler said. "I was facing the Mets. You put up zeros against anybody whos pitching, your team tends to be in pretty good shape." Logan Morrisons two-out single broke a scoreless tie in the sixth. Donovan Solano added a two-run single later in the inning. "Hes got good stuff. Right now hes one of the best pitchers in baseball and so I think the whole team feels good because he lost today," Solano said. The Marlins have the worst record in the NL. "I dont know that I can explain it," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "For whatever reason we really lock it in against him and weve just been able to kind of rise to the occasion." Reliever A.J. Ramos pitched two innings and Steve Cishek worked the ninth for his 23rd save in 25 chances. New York went 0 for 7 with runners in scoring position.dddddddddddd They left a runner in scoring position in five of the first six innings and stranded 11 overall. "Theres no secret," Collins said. "If we knew what it was, wed fix it. Guys arent driving in runs. Theres nothing wrong with the approach. Were not getting good swings at the pitches we can hit and were fouling them off. Therefore were not driving them in." Ike Davis popped out with the bases loaded to end the third. Juan Lagares tripled with one out in the fourth, but the Mets could not drive him in, and Jake Marisnick made a diving catch in centre field and threw to first to double up David Wright to end the fifth. "That play Jake made in centre field is a game-changer," Koehler said. "That ball falls and get by him were talking two runs there and another guy in scoring position. That play right there really changed the game." Meanwhile, the Marlins managed just one hit through five innings, a single by Koehler in the third after Harvey struck out four in a row. "Things were fine until the sixth inning," Harvey said. Juan Pierre pinch-hit for Koehler and singled to lead off the sixth, making him 7 for 15 lifetime against Harvey. Christian Yelich followed with a single that put runners at the corners with no outs. Harvey retired the next two batters, but Morrison singled for a 1-0 lead. After Harvey hit Ed Lucas with a pitch to load the bases, Solano singled to chase Harvey. Justin Turner and Lagares each had two hits for the Mets. NOTES: Harvey is 0-1 with a 4.50 ERA in three starts at Marlins Park. ... Marlins rookie RHP Jose Fernandez (7-5, 2.71 ERA), who is coming off a 13-strikeout performance against the Pirates, will take the mound on Friday against Cleveland RHP Ubaldo Jimenez (8-5, 4.17) to wrap up the final series in a 10-game homestand. ... The Royals will travel to New York, with Mets RHP Dillon Gee (7-8, 4.13) starting on Friday night against RHP Wade Davis (5-9, 5.50). ... Mets LHP Jonathon Niese (inflamed rotator cuff) pitched four scoreless innings for Class A St. Lucie in a rehab outing. He gave up two hits, walked one and struck out four vs. Tampa in the Florida State League. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

ho was 9-1 against the Wolverines before resigning in 2011 amid NC
he heads back to his first A-League home in Friday nights A-League season opener.The manner of Victorys finals exit last year -

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz