when Byrd overran Delmon Youngs single in right field for an error. Mayberry smacked a run-scoring double that chased Hefner bef

#1 von dasg234 , 02.11.2019 13:33

HOUSTON -- The sixth-ranked Houston Cougars were determined to take care of business this year after Connecticut detailed their perfect season a year ago.Greg Ward Jr. made sure they did just that.Ward Jr. threw for a career-high 389 yards and accounted for five touchdowns in just more than three quarters to help Houston beat Connecticut 42-14 on Thursday night.Houstons only blemish last season came in the 20-17 loss to the Huskies when they were 10-0.We never use the word revenge, coach Tom Herman said. The word we used was atonement -- to make a wrong a right. We had a chance to atone for the transgressions of last years team.Ward didnt start that game because of an ankle injury, and there was a scary moment early in the second quarter when he took a hard hit in the midsection by Junior Joseph on a flea-flicker and had to leave the game.But he missed just one play before returning and showed no ill effects from the blow, leading the Cougars (5-0, 2-0 American) on three more touchdown drives in the half to leave Houston up 28-7 at halftime.Herman didnt think missing last years game against UConn made this one more important to Ward.I think Wards got a chip on his shoulder every week, I dont know that it was any bigger this week, Herman said. I think the whole team had a juice and a pep in their step knowing what this opponent did to last years team and they wanted to make sure it didnt happen again.Ward and Joseph got in each others faces after another hit by the linebacker on a touchdown throw by Ward later in the second quarter, and it earned Joseph an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.Joseph said the run-in was totally my fault before raving about the quarterback.Hes probably the best player I played against, Joseph said. Hes very electric. Thats why hes in the race for the Heisman. Just a great player.Ward had touchdown runs of 30 and 10 yards and threw scoring passes of 3, 15 and 4 yards. He was replaced by Kyle Postma with 12 minutes remaining.Ward doesnt like talking about himself and deflected questions about his big game.The stats, I dont think about that at all, he said. The only stat that I worry about is win-loss.Noel Thomas had a career-high 135 yards receiving and a touchdown for Connecticut (2-3, 0-2), and Bryant Shirreffs threw for 239 yards and ran for a TD.Losing is terrible, Bob Diaco said. We obviously wanted to finish phase one of our season better than 2-3. A play here and a play there, and that would have been the case.THE TAKEAWAYCONNECTICUT: The Huskies didnt commit any turnovers after being plagued by them in recent weeks, but they were simply overmatched by the Cougars on both sides of the ball.HOUSTON: The Cougars continued the dominance theyve shown all season, having no trouble putting away the Huskies after last years misstep. With Ward leading the offense and a swarming defense which finished with four sacks, its hard to imagine that anyone has much of a chance to beat the Cougars before their Nov. 17 showdown with No. 3 Louisville.POLL IMPLICATIONSThe Cougars should maintain their spot in the poll after cruising past an opponent they were expected to beat. But they could jump a spot or two if any of the teams above them lose on Saturday.INJURY REPORTThe Cougars werent slowed by playing without three starters on Thursday. Running back Duke Catalon missed the game with a concussion and linebackers Tyus Bowser and Matthew Adams both sat out after a fight on Wednesday during games meant for team building.The two got over competitive, Herman said. Things briefly got out of hand during one of the games and resulted in a scuffle between Tyus and Matt ... it was a freak accident and the result of the scuffle was a broken bone for Tyus.Bowser will be out for a few weeks with the head injury and Adams was suspended for Thursdays game but will return next week.BONNER IMITATES IDOLLinell Bonner had a highlight-reel play when he stretched out to grab a reception with one hand for a touchdown that pushed Houstons lead to 42-7 in the third quarter. He finished with 12 receptions for 159 yards -- both career highs. The one-handed catch was reminiscent of some of the grabs DeAndre Hopkins often makes for the Houston Texans.Bonner was asked if that catch was a Hopkins impression.Thats my favorite NFL receiver right now. I really look up to him so I could say yeah, Bonner said before flashing a huge smile.UP NEXTCONNECTICUT: The Huskies host Cincinnati on Oct. 8.HOUSTON: The Cougars visit Navy on Oct. 8.---Online: AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.orgFake Jordan . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. Clearance Air Jordan Store . -- Three close looks at the bucket, three misses. https://www.jordanchina.us/ .J. Jefferson has been charged with assaulting his girlfriend. Jordan China . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Wholesale Air Jordan .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers.NEW YORK -- If the Philadelphia Phillies are going to make a playoff push with another successful second half, this certainly was an emphatic start. Chase Utley, Domonic Brown and the rest of the Phillies came flying out of the All-Star break, scoring 11 runs in the first three innings Friday night on the way to a 13-8 rout of the New York Mets. "Obviously, that doesnt happen all the time. But going into the break we realized that we needed to win some games, so I dont think we all just sat on the couch for four days," Utley said. Philadelphia roughed up familiar foil Jeremy Hefner in its seventh consecutive victory at Citi Field and leapfrogged Washington into second place in the NL East, 6 1/2 games behind Atlanta. Michael Young hit a three-run homer, Utley had a two-run drive and Brown a solo shot as the Phillies (49-48) won their ninth in 12 games to move over .500 for only the second time this season. Philadelphia entered with a major league-best .616 winning percentage after the All-Star break since 2007. "Keep going. Keep going. Weve got to have a better record," manager Charlie Manuel said. "I think were definitely coming to the ballpark with the mindset that were going to win the game, and thats our No. 1 priority." While the Phillies have made themselves right at home in Queens, the Mets keep struggling in their own ballpark. Back on the field after hosting the All-Star game Tuesday for the first time since 1964, they fell to an NL-worst 17-28 at home. Utley tripled and drove in three runs on a 95-degree night that made Citi Field feel like a sauna. Delmon Young had three hits and Brown, fresh off his All-Star debut, tagged Hefner once again while adding three hits and two RBIs. Brown is 6 for 6 with two homers, a double, two walks and seven RBIs against Hefner in his career. "After four days off, to see the bats come alive like that, that was good to see," Brown said. "We had an early BP, everybody looked pretty good and we just took it into the game." John Mayberry Jr. also knocked in two runs, and every Philadelphia position player had at least one hit and scored by the third inning. The beneficiary of all that early offence was Kyle Kendrick (9-6), who came to bat before throwing a pitch. Handed an 11-0 cushion, he gave up six runs and nine hits in 5 2-3 innings. "Obviously, I needed it tonight," Kendrick said about the offensive outburst. "I like pitching in this weather. I just couldnt make a pitch, I felt like. ... But the offence picked me up." Kendrick, who threw a three-hit shutout April 26 at Citi Field, improved to 4-1 in five starts at the ballpark and 13-3 in his last 19 against NL East teams.dddddddddddd "We left him out there too long. KK might have gotten a little dry inside," Brown said. Marlon Byrd hit a three-run homer, and David Wright had a two-run shot in the ninth for the Mets. Hefner (4-7) came in with a 1.76 ERA in his past eight starts, the best mark in the majors since June 4, but hes often run into big problems when facing the Phillies. Chased after getting only six outs, Hefner dropped to 2-3 with a 13.75 ERA in six career outings against Philadelphia. "I dont know what it is about the Phillies. I know how to get them out, I just need to execute," he said. With streaking centre fielder Ben Revere sidelined by a broken foot last weekend, Jimmy Rollins returned to the leadoff spot for the Phillies and got them off to a fast start. Rollins, who had been hitting third, has batted in each of the top three slots at least 20 times this season. "To me, the lineup weve got right now, thats where he goes," Manuel said before the game. Rollins singled to start the game and scored on Utleys one-out triple off the 408 sign on the centre-field fence. Brown hit an RBI single, Delmon Young drove in a run with an infield single and Mayberry added an RBI single before Hefner finally ended a 38-pitch inning that lasted 20 minutes. It only got worse in the third, when Philadelphia scored seven runs and batted around for the second time. Brown sent an 0-2 breaking ball into the second deck in right for his 24th home run. Darin Ruf doubled and scored when Byrd overran Delmon Youngs single in right field for an error. Mayberry smacked a run-scoring double that chased Hefner before Carlos Ruiz hit an RBI double off Greg Burke. Michael Young capped the outburst with a three-run shot to left. Utley added a two-run drive off Josh Edgin in the fifth to make it 13-3. "We always looked good on paper, and I thought it was just a matter of time before things started coming together," Brown said. NOTES: Mayberry made his 17th start of the season in centre, but assistant general manager Scott Proefrock said the Phillies are looking into "all sorts" of other options. "I wouldnt rule anything out," he said. "We havent had a situation that merited pulling the trigger at this point." ... New York rookie Zack Wheeler (3-1, 3.54 ERA) pitches Saturday against LHP Cole Hamels (4-11, 4.05), who is 6-11 with a 4.28 ERA in 23 starts against the Mets. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

Scarpe[/url] . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers ma
oor Toys - Organize outside to

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz