won just eight games.Instead, it produced one highlight after another on both ends of the floor, not to mention a highly compet

#1 von dasg234 , 18.10.2019 00:29

HOUSTON -- The Texas Rangers continue to find ways to beat the Houston Astros.Jurickson Profar hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the ninth, and the Rangers handed the Astros another difficult loss by rallying for a 3-2 win on Tuesday night.Rougned Odor helped set up Profars clutch swing when he reached on a wild pitch after striking out with one out. He swiped second and scored on Elvis Andrus two-out triple against Ken Giles (2-4).Thats a credit to our team, Andrus said. Odor battled that at-bat and even on a strikeout, gets to first base. Then, a huge jump to get to second. I think thats what separates this team from past years. We dont give up until the last out. It was another amazing win.Profar followed with a base hit into left field, helping AL West-leading Texas improve to 15-3 against Houston this year. Alex Claudio (4-1) pitched the eighth for the win, and Tanner Scheppers worked a perfect ninth for his first save.Again, Elvis with a huge hit, Rangers manager Jeff Banister said. He got a curveball up that he can drive. He got one and put a great swing on it. Profar similar, looking for a ball up that he could attack. He got good barrel on it to drive Elvis in.It was Giles fourth blown save of the season, but first since June 18 against Cincinnati.Things didnt go our way, go my way, Giles said. Its my responsibility to shut the guys down. I didnt do my job today. I take full responsibility for that. I didnt make the pitches when I needed to so Im just going to take the good from the bad and just bounce back for the guys next time.Houston (75-70) has lost three in a row and six of seven. It is 4 1/2 games back of Toronto and Baltimore for the top spot in the wild-card standings.Ive seen and been in some tough ones, Houston manager A.J. Hinch said. This ones pretty hard. We had every chance to win the game and obviously strange things happen when we play these guys.Jose Altuve homered in the fourth and Jason Castro connected in the sixth, sending a drive to the upper deck in right field to give the Astros a 2-1 lead.Adrian Beltre led off the second with his 30th homer for Texas (87-59). Beltre fell to a knee after swinging, but his towering shot traveled all the way to the Crawford Boxes in left.Houston right-hander Brad Peacock allowed three hits in six innings. He retired his last 10 batters.Texas right-hander A.J. Griffin also pitched well, striking out seven in a season-long seven innings. Griffin has allowed 26 homers this season and seven over his three September starts.TRAINERS ROOMAstros: LHP Dallas Keuchel, who hasnt pitched since Aug. 27 because of inflammation in his left shoulder, probably will not throw Wednesday, Hinch said. We are going to go day to day and see if we can increase any type of activity, but his target date is a little gray area than anything else, Hinch said.WATCH YOUR STEPOn Evan Gattis towering popup in the fifth, Andrus came in from shortstop and walked up the back of the pitchers mound. As he made the catch, Andrus appeared to trip on the top of the mound and fell, but hung on to the ball.Altuve also lost his footing during the game, but his fall did not have a good result. Altuve hit an infield single off third base in the sixth that was fielded by Andrus. Altuve made a wide turn around first and slipped in the dirt about 15 feet past first. Andrus double-pumped and then fired to first as Altuve had issues getting his footing back and was tagged out.UP NEXTRangers: LHP Derek Holland (7-7) will start Wednesday instead of RHP Yu Darvish, Banister said following Tuesdays game. Darvish will move behind LHP Cole Hamels in the rotation and start Saturday.Astros: RP Joe Musgrove (2-4) will take the mound Wednesday night for the Astros looking to repeat the success he had in his last start Friday against the Cubs when he allowed two runs in six innings.Custom College Jerseys . As the crowd erupted, Davis knocked the ball off the glass and back into his hands. With 1:14 to go in overtime, Davis sixth block also became his 17th rebound. That, along with his 32 points -- which tied a career high -- proved too much for Denver to overcome, and the Pelicans held on for their third straight victory, 111-107 on Sunday night. Fake College Basketball Jerseys . "Trying to breathe," he said with a grin. Bernier stopped 42 of 43 shots on Monday night, including all 22 in a hectic middle frame, his heroic performance propelling the Leafs toward an undue point in their final game before the Christmas break. https://www.fakecollegejerseys.com/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Wholesale College Jerseys .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Fake College Football Jerseys . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker.NEW ORLEANS -- Draymond Green irritated the other team, nearly started a fight, ignited a torrent of boos from opposing fans -- and backed it up with an all-around performance punctuated by a clutch defensive play in the final seconds.In other words, it was a typical performance for the Warriors feisty forward.Green recorded his 15th-career triple-double with 12 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists, and it was the last of his four steals -- against star Anthony Davis, no less -- that helped the Golden State Warriors hold off the New Orleans Pelicans 113-109 on Tuesday night.I love playing defense, so when it comes to a situation where youve got to get a stop to win the game, I enjoy that moment, Green said of his steal, which he executed while the Warriors held a tenuous 111-109 lead.Davis, who had 28 points, five blocks and two steals, was furious that officials deemed Greens steal a clean play and drew a technical foul for disputing the officials decision. There was contact between the two players, but Green said Davis initiated it.I hit the ball as he was trying to throw his shoulder into me. I thought it was really clean, said Green, who also noted that he wasnt worried about the risk of putting Davis on the foul line if officials had seen it differently.Were up two (at the time) and weve got three of the greatest scorers in the world, he said, referring to Stephen Curry, who had a game-high 30 points, Kevin Durant, who scored 27 and Klay Thompson, who added 17 points.Davis disappointment was evident in his eyes as he largely avoided discussing the play -- a wise move if he didnt want to make headlines or draw a fine for criticizing officials.When asked to describe what happened, Davis said he was trying to score, and then waited in silence for the next question.Earlier in the game, after Davis had rejected Greens shot, the two bumped one another and appeared to exchange words while fans bombarded Green with boos. Later, when Green was rejected by Alexis Ajinca, the crowd went wild. But was Green was able to celebrate Golden States 13th road win in 15 games away from home.DURANTS DEFENSEFor all his scoring on an arr won just eight games.Instead, it produced one highlight after another on both ends of the floor, not to mention a highly competitive game.Langston Galloway scored 20 pointsay of shots that ranged from a driving dunk to a 3-pointer, Durants happiest moment seemed to be when he was lying on the floor, pumping his fist, moments after hed blocked Davis driving shot with 34 seconds left.That whole possession, I was telling myself I wanted to make a huge play,, Durant said.dddddddddddd I was excited I was able to get over there and help the team out in another way besides making a shot. It was definitely fun. I was in the moment.COMMANDING RESPECTCurry hit five of Golden States 14 made 3-pointers, but one shot that stood out was a 22-footer from the right side. As the shot fell through, Curry reached back toward the New Orleans bench and got a reluctant but respectful low-five from Pelicans associate head coach Darren Erman, a former Warriors assistant.Right as Curry was pulling up, he said he could hear Erman trying to encourage New Orleans defense by saying, If he makes it, its a good shot.So I wanted a little praise for that good shot, and he gave it to me, Curry added. He was a good sport.BOLD APPROACHFor much of the game, the Pelicans sought to beat the Warriors at their own game, a seemingly counterintuitive approach for a team that has won just eight games.Instead, it produced one highlight after another on both ends of the floor, not to mention a highly competitive game.Langston Galloway scored 20 points, hitting five of New Orleans 14 3s, but the Pelicans missed their final five shots from that range.Tim Frazier scored 13 points for the Pelicans, who led by as many as nine in the first half and by five early in the final period.But the Pelicans committed four of their 17 turnovers in the last 4 minutes and missed their last five 3-point attempts.We stopped making shots, Davis said. The Warriors didnt force anything and things were going in for them. I had my opportunities but didnt come through.TIP-INSWarriors: Center JaVale McGee made his first start this season at center because regular starter Zaza Pachulia was missing his third straight game with a right wrist injury. Warriors coach Steve Kerr said he inserted McGee instead of Kevon Loney, whod started the previous game, because were experimenting a bit and looking at a few different combinations. McGee had nine points and five rebounds in 16 minutes. ... Kerr said Pachulia is scheduled to have an MRI performed on him Wednesday.Pelicans: Solomon Hill scored 12 points and Jrue Holiday 10. ... Terrence Jones grabbed 10 rebounds for the Pelicans.UP NEXTWarriors: Host New York on Thursday night to open a three-game home stand.Pelicans: Host Indiana on Thursday night. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

ter leaving the Glory for the Netherlands, Griffiths said the club had erred in holding onto their home-grown talent.But this ye
ith it being so fresh, when I had the practice

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz