otential is there. Injury Repor

#1 von miaowang123 , 05.10.2019 07:38

For the first time, an NFL official has acknowledged a link between American football and a degenerative brain disease. Jeff Miller, the NFLs vice-president of health and safety, was speaking at a discussion organised by the US House Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee, which debated the link between the sport and brain diseases, such as chronic traumatic encephalopathy - commonly known as CTE.CTE is a degenerative condition, which has been described as having Alzheimer-like symptoms, leading to memory loss, increased irritability and mood changes. The answer to that question is certainly yes, Miller said when asked if he thought there was a link.However, he added that at this stage, it is unclear how this would affect the future of American football, also telling the committee that the wider scope of the issue needs to be addressed. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell (left) has attended meetings on head trauma in the past Certainly, based on Dr [Ann] McKees research, theres a link, because shes found CTE in a number of retired football players, added Miller.I think the broader point, and the one that your question gets to, is what it necessarily means and where to we go from here with that information.In the lead-up to this years Super Bowl, neurosurgeon Mitch Berger, who heads-up the NFLs sub-committee on long-term brain injury, had said that there was no link between football and CTE that could be established. Junior Seau was found to have suffered from CTE after his death in 2012 Bergers comments were referred to by Illinois representative Jan Schakowsky as peddling a false sense of security, in terms of downplaying the dangers of head trauma in the NFL.What the American public needs now is honesty about the health risks and clearly more research, added Schakowsky.When answering his questions, Miller cited Boston University neuropathologist Dr McKee, and she revealed her own belief that there is no doubt there is a link.I unequivocally think theres a link between playing football and CTE, she said. Tyler Sash was found to have stage two CTE upon his death aged 27 in September Weve seen it in 90 out of 94 NFL players whose brains weve examined, weve found it in 45 out of 55 college players and six out of 26 high school players.It is the first time that the NFL has directly linked playing the game with CTE. It is a disease which can only be detected after death and has been found in players ,including former San Diego Chargers linebacker Junior Seau, who committed suicide in 2012 aged 43.While the league has previously acknowledged that head trauma, particularly concussion, poses a risk to the long-term health of players, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and other top officials havent taken definitive public stands on the matter. Also See: NFL Video Rookies guide NFL on Sky Sports Pundits John Gant Cardinals Jersey . Louis Blues are reportedly taking restricted free agent forward Vladimir Sobotka to arbitration. Rogers Hornsby Jersey .ca has you covered for whos in, whos out and what to expect from all 30 teams. https://www.cheapcardinalsonline.com/664t-bruce-sutter-jersey-cardinals.html . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing. Dominic Leone Jersey . The football club recently announced an increase in season ticket prices in five of the seven categories at Investors Group Field for 2014. While most increases are in the two to three per cent range, the clubs most affordable season tickets will jump from $199 to $250 — a 26 per cent leap. Austin Gomber Jersey . -- Byron Scott is taking over the Los Angeles Lakers with the vocal support of his fellow Showtime greats.Mike OShea hates losing. The first-year head coach has made that much crystal clear in his pair of post-game media sessions. His Blue Bombers are winless and their preseason schedule is complete. Now two days into a 12-day stretch before the regular season begins, Winnipegs freshly-minted field general is communicating optimism and relaying the positives in his football club. "I think the offence did a great job," OShea told reporters on Monday afternoon, his first availability in Winnipeg following the Bombers 23-20 loss in Calgary on Saturday. "When you look at the numbers to go along with that film — no two-and-outs, 26 first downs — that should be good enough to win." But its tough to beat a team like the Calgary Stampeders at McMahon when you spot them a 14-point lead after a quarter of play. So is OShea at all concerned with his starting defence allowing touchdown drives of 52 and 59 yards in Calgarys first three possessions, and 129 rushing yards in the first half? "No. No, I am not concerned at all. I know what weve put in and I know that well keep working. The effort is there. The buy-in is there. Im excited, actually. I got pulled out of the defensive meeting to come (speak to media). I just missed some great stuff." This seems somewhat contradictory when you look at the ease in which the Stampeders offence trotted down the field in the opening twenty minutes when it was starters versus starters. OShea has stated that coordinator Gary Etcheverrys defence has been purposefully "vanilla" in their preseason looks, keeping their cards close to the vest. And consider the likes of Johnny Sears and Donovan Alexander — two probable Week 1 starters — were also out of Saturdays lineup as they continue to recover from groin and calf injuries, respectively. The offence, meanwhile, indeed looked calculated and collected with Drew Willy at the helm. The first-year starter finished his day 14-of-23 for 172 yards, and could have been upwards of 70 per cent passing if it werent for a few easily caught balls that slipped through the hands of his receivers. "We started slow again, I think as an entire team. We have to find a way to rectify that," said OShea when questioned about his offence. "I thought the offence performed very well. I thought they played with a lot of heart. They played a real physical style. We ran the ball. We threw the ball. We moved the ball down the field. We moved the ball out from our own end. Maybe we didnt capitalize on enough of those opportunities down deep. Theres some very positive things." "We are still evaluating the No. 2 (quarterback) position, for sure," added OShea. "But yes, it was important to put Drew (Willy) back out there, and to give credit where its due, (offeensive coordinator) Marcel (Bellefeuille) came to me (at halftime) and said, lets put him back out.dddddddddddd And we did." Keeping Willy in for the opening possession of the third quarter proved shrewd, as he engineered his third scoring drive on 10 plays that covered 76 yards before stalling on first-and-goal. Coming out after the break and continuing to build in-game experience with his receivers, backs, and linemen should prove worthwhile as the new No. 1 establishes chemistry with the pieces around him. Quarterbacks Brian Brohm, Max Hall, and Robert Marve all saw time running Winnipegs offence in preseason games, and it looks from afar that a decision will have to be made between Brohm and Hall as to who will backup Willy. Young Marves cannon-arm, deep ball accuracy, and ability to turn up field and dash for first downs will likely see him stick around as he familiarizes himself with the Canadian game. Its been a while since there has been a young project pivot in Winnipeg. The potential is there. Injury Report: Several projected starters missed the game in Calgary, including slotbacks Nick Moore (back) and Cory Watson (hamstring), cornerback Donovan Alexander (calf), and defensive back/linebacker Johnny Sears (groin). OShea says Watson will finally return to practice this week after sitting out since Day 2 of camp... Another National slotback, Julian Feoli-Gudino, suffered a "lower-body" injury late last week and looks to return soon, as the club may have to start him next to Watson and Rory Kohlert in a three-National receiver set since the loss of defensive tackle Ryan Lucas for the season with an ACL tear... The old adage You cant make the club from the tub is beginning to find reference alongside every mention of 2013 All-Star running back Will Fords name as of late. The position battle between rookies Nic Grigsby and Paris Cotton is reaching critical mass, and Fords layup since Day 3 of camp with a hamstring pull just may cost him his job... Speaking of Cotton, who was again impressive with the ball in his second preseason game (5 carries for 58 yards, 2 receptions for 24 yards), suffered an undisclosed leg injury late on Saturday. The explosive and slippery tailback is receiving assessment from the doctor on Monday and an update will be provided this week... According to the media release sent out by the team Monday morning, National linebacker Graig Newman, whom Kyle Walters targeted aggressively in free agency this winter, will "miss the 2014 season" with a dislocated and fractured ankle. Mike OShea isnt so sure stating, "Im not saying hes done for the season... Im optimistic and so is (Newman). Well see him soon... Ask me again in a couple months. Three months, possibly. Hes got a good spirit." Newman underwent surgery on Monday. ' ' '

miaowang123  
miaowang123

io, native won the Wahta Springs 30
ll KR earlier this month for a disciplinary breach.He fell foul o

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz