eason, and the second pinch-hit homer of his ca

#1 von dasg234 , 01.10.2019 13:26

CHICAGO -- John Danks wants to show he can be a reliable starter again. Hows this for evidence? Danks pitched three-hit ball over eight innings for his first victory in more than a year, and the Chicago White Sox won for just the second time in 12 games, beating the surging Oakland Athletics 4-1 on Saturday. "I want to be a stopper," Danks said. "I want to be a guy that goes out there and can be depended on to give us as good a chance to win as anybody." He did just that, and he got just enough support in the end. Adam Dunn and Paul Konerko homered. Alex Rios drove in the go-ahead run, and the White Sox handed the Athletics just their fourth loss in 22 games. Dunn connected leading off the second to tie the score at 1-all, and it stayed that way until the White Sox scored three against the struggling Sean Doolittle (3-1) in the eighth. Alejandro De Aza led off with an infield single and moved up on a sacrifice bunt by Alexei Ramirez before Rios broke the tie with a single to centre. Konerko followed with a two-run drive to left. "The ball Konerko hit was pretty much off his shoetops," said Doolittle, whos allowed 10 runs in his last 3 2-3 innings. "So its kind of, today they just beat me and I have to tip my hat to them. The rally made a winner of Danks (1-2), who struck out six and walked one in his fourth start. He retired the final 21 batters he faced on the way to his first win since he beat the Cubs on May 19 last season. That also turned out to be the final start of the year for Danks, who had surgery in August to repair a capsule tear and remove debris in his rotator cuff and biceps. "This is more indicative of what you would want to see," manager Robin Ventura said. "Hes a competitor always, but with the ability to throw and have location and keep guys off balance and have a feel for the game. When youre not quite right, he doesnt have as good a feel for it as he does in the last two starts." Danks won a career-high 15 games for the White Sox in 2010 and hasnt reached that level since then. His first three starts were a bit up and down, but this was more like it. Never mind that his command of the fastball werent quite there. He had his curve working, and that was enough to lower his ERA from 5.63 to 4.13. "His velocity is climbing, it looks like, as he goes, but hes definitely pitching with less velocity than hes had when it was years ago," Konerko said. "But that can be a good thing if he pitches now and learns to do some things that he might have to do. Then if he gets back to where hes going to get to -- which Im sure he will -- now you have both weapons." Addison Reed worked a scoreless ninth for his 18th save in 19 chances. It was a big improvement after giving up five runs in a non-save opportunity against Seattle on Wednesday. Tommy Milone went seven innings for Oakland, allowing one run and four hits, but did not figure in the decision. He struck out seven, walked one, and is 3-0 in his past five starts. "I was just trying to match what Danks was doing," he said. "He was going out there throwing strikes and getting us out. To end his night he retired 21 in a row that was pretty impressive. I was trying to match him and keep our team in the game." NOTES: Ventura expects to fulfil his contract and has no plans to quit if the White Sox overhaul their roster. Hes in the second season of a three-year deal, and his team entered Saturdays game last in the AL Central at 25-34. "There, for one reason or another, are whispers (that) because its going like this, Im not going to come back," he said. "Thats the farthest thing from the truth. For me, Im in it for as long as Im in it and you go from there. A situation like this, Id be ashamed to walk away just because its tough. I think thats part of being in it with these guys -- that Im here as much as they are as far as turning it around and being ready to go." ... Ventura was back managing the White Sox after missing two games to attend his daughters graduation in California. ... Tony La Russa made it clear he has no desire to return to the dugout. "I had my time," said the former Chicago, Oakland and St. Louis manager. "I have passed the baton. Now, I see how much fun it is to second guess." LaRussa was in town for a reception honouring the White Soxs 1983 AL West championship team. ... RHP A.J. Griffin (5-4, 3.67 ERA) starts for Oakland on Sunday, with LHP Hector Santiago (1-4, 3.35) going for the White Sox.Ultra Boost 4.0 Weiß Damen . Bradwell was scheduled to become a free agent Tuesday. Born and raised in Toronto, Bradwell is entering his sixth CFL season, with all six played for his hometown Argonauts. Adidas Eqt Schuhe Günstig . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. http://www.nmdschuhesale.de/nmd-c2-schuhe-deutschland.html . Galatasaray said in a statement on its website Monday that Mancini signed a three-year contract and will be paid 3.5 million euros for the upcoming season, with his salary upped to 4. Adidas Nmd Damen Deutschland . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Ultra Boost Damen Outlet . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action.NEW YORK -- The Philadelphia Phillies cant find any relief from the bullpen blues this month.Brought into a tight game in the fifth inning, Frank Herrmann immediately gave up a three-run homer to Michael Conforto and the New York Mets broke away for a 10-5 win Friday night.Phillies relievers entered the game with a 1-7 record, seven blown saves and a 6.13 ERA in September -- they let leads get away in the ninth inning and again in the 11th Thursday night.We talked about how we like our young pitchers, which we do a lot. The whole bunch of them, manager Pete Mackanin said.Weve been in so many close games that we rely heavily on the bullpen for most of the year. Perhaps its catching up to us, he said.Confortos homer capped a six-run rally, and the Mets added three more against three relievers in the seventh.The Mets began the day tied with San Francisco for the wild-card lead. St. Louis lost and trails New York by 1 1/2 games.Phillies starter Jeremy Hellickson (12-10) was coming off his first shutout since 2011. He took a 3-1 lead into the fifth, but the Mets loaded the bases with one out. Curtis Granderson singled home a run and Kelly Johnson hit an RBI single, with another run scoring when rookie right fielder Roman Quinn overran the ball for a 4-3 lead.Herrmann came in, and Conforto connected on the fifth pitch.Fastball command, just couldnt find it, Hellickson said. I feel like thats the cause every time I come here. You lose the fastball command and I try to get a little too predictable and before you know it, Im at 30, 35 pitches in the inning.This combination of losing command and thats a good lineup and they put some good at-bats together, I just couldnt make a big pitch when I needed to, he said.A day after using 10 pitchers in a stirring 9-8, 11-inning win over the Phillies, the Mets sent out six more. With his team competing for a playoff spot, manager Terry Collins yannked starter Gabriel Ynoa after just two shaky innings.dddddddddddd.Robles preserved a 7-5 lead in the seventh, getting pinch hitter Tommy Joseph to ground into an inning-ending double play with the bases loaded. Robles finished with hitless relief for his first career save.Maikel Franco homered for the second straight day and pinch hitter Darin Ruf also connected for the Phillies.Cesar Hernandez and Quinn hit RBI singles in the second off Ynoa. Hernandez has safely reached in 28 straight games, matching the best streak by a Phillies player since Chase Utley in 2011.THIS `N THATRuf hit his first home run of the season, and the second pinch-hit homer of his career. ... Franco hit his team-leading 24th homer, one more than Ryan Howard. ... Odubel Herrera stole his 25th base. ... Phillies starters hadnt given up more than three earned runs in 19 straight starts before Hellickson was charged with six in 4 1/3 innings.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: RHP Jeanmar Gomez is feeling fine, but manager Pete Mackanin says he wont close for a couple of days. Gomez gave up a tying home run to Jose Reyes in the ninth inning Thursday night, and is 0-2 with a 16.20 ERA in 10 games this month.Mets: RHP Noah Syndergaard has been scratched from his start Saturday night because of strep throat. Collins said Syndergaard might be able to start Monday or Tuesday at Miami.UP NEXTPhillies: RHP Alec Asher (1-0, 2.16) makes his fourth start for the Phillies this year. He started against the Mets last Sept. 30 and gave up five runs while getting chased in the first inning.Mets: LHP Sean Gilmartin will pitch Saturday night in place of the ailing Syndergaard. Gilmartins only major league start came last year. He is 0-0 with a 4.76 ERA in 13 games this season, and got two outs Thursday night. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

h Guy Boucher said.dddddddddddd Youre asking for trouble w
ollecting a quick pass from Davy Klaassen, cutting in from th

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz