able matchups. More troubling is Williams inconsistency catc

#1 von dasg234 , 21.09.2019 06:18

The Oakland Athletics and Los Angeles Dodgers pulled off a multiplayer deal Monday afternoon with the trade deadline fast approaching.The As sent outfielder Josh Reddick and left-handed pitcher Rich Hill to the Dodgers in return for pitching prospects Grant Holmes, Frankie Montas and Jharel Cotton.In the waning moments of Mondays deadline, the Dodgers also acquired two relievers to improve their bullpen.In a trade with the Toronto Blue Jays, the Dodgers received right-handed Jesse Chavez and cash considerations in exchange for right-hander Mike Bolsinger. Chavez, 32, has a 4.57 ERA in 39 appearances this season.The Dodgers are also bringing right-handed reliever Josh Fields to Los Angeles after a trade with the Houston Astros. The deal between playoff contenders sends Cuban first baseman prospect Yordan Alvarez to Houston. Fields, 30, had a 6.89 ERA in 15 games for the Astros this season.Reddick, who will be a free agent after this season, was batting .296 with eight home runs and 28 RBIs in 68 games for the As this season. He missed nearly five weeks with a fractured thumb.In a statement posted on his Twitter account, Reddick thanked the Athletics organization and told fans, To my people in the RF bleachers: NEVER CHANGE.The Dodgers need offensive production from their outfielders, especially in right field. Through games of this past weekend, Dodgers right fielders had a .729 OPS, ranking 12th in the 15-team National League. Dodgers right fielders had scored 55 runs (10th in the NL) and had driven in 46 (11th).Reddick is a two-way player, he has power, hes a Gold Glove-caliber outfielder, Dodgers general manager Farhan Zaidi said. I think hes going to help this team a lot. He was as good as any player available in this trade market.Hill, who is 9-3 on the season with a 2.25 ERA in 14 starts, is on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 20, because of a blister. He will be a free agent after this season.Hill will be eligible to join the Dodgers by Saturday, the next time they need an additional starter. They have been operating with four starters, forced into the setup because of injuries and innings limits on youngsters, while able to pull off the arrangement for a week and a half because of a number of recent off days.The Dodgers filled two needs without including their top pitching prospects in a trade. Julio Urias, a left-hander who will turn 20 on Aug. 12, already has nine games of major league experience this season. He struggled early but ultimately? showed some promise while compiling a 4.69 ERA. Urias likely will rejoin the Dodgers later this year as a reliever.Another top pitching prospect the Dodgers retained was right-hander Jose De Leon. The soon-to-be 24-year-old has compiled a 3.83 ERA at Triple-A Oklahoma City.The As are still receiving some highly regarded arms in Mondays deal.Holmes, the Dodgers first-round pick (22nd overall) in the 2014 draft, was 8-4 with a 4.02 ERA in 20 games (18 starts) for Rancho Cucamonga, the Dodgers Class A team in the California League. The right-hander is 20 years old.Cotton, 24, was 8-5 with a 4.90 ERA in 22 games (16 starts) for Oklahoma City, the Dodgers Triple-A team in the Pacific Coast League. The right-hander was drafted by the Dodgers in the 20th round in 2012.Montas, 23, hasnt played this season. In June, the right-hander suffered a setback in his recovery from a right-rib resection procedure.Cheap Authentic Jerseys 2020 . Badenhop was 2-3 with a 3.47 ERA in 63 relief appearances for Milwaukee this season. He is 18-20 in his career with three saves and a 3. Wholesale Jerseys Review . LOUIS -- St. https://www.wholesalejerseysreview.com/ . JOHNS, N. Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shipping . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. Cheap NFL Jerseys 2020 . LeBron James and Chris Bosh didnt need any more. Williams scored 11 points in 10 minutes, Alan Anderson scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets finished the exhibition season with a 108-87 win over the Miami Heat on Friday night.IRVINE, Calif. -- Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Dhaquille Williams is ready for his first preseason game Saturday, an opportunity he wasnt sure would be available after a tumultuous final year in college.Its been a long time since I have been on the field, like in a game, so I am ready to really explode, Williams said.Williams was regarded by draft analysts as one of the top prospects at the position entering his senior season at Auburn but he was dismissed in early October for what Tigers coach Gus Malzahn described as a failure to meet the teams expectations.Williams had previously been suspended for the Outback Bowl at the end of the 2014 season and again during fall camp last August. His production before getting kicked off the team disappointed, with 12 receptions for 147 yards and one touchdown in five games.Williams went undrafted, signing with the Rams in May only after participating in their rookie minicamp.Coach Jeff Fisher and general manager Les Snead warned Williams that any incidents on or off the field would result in him being cut immediately.Duke came in and knew he had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity based on some of the things that happened in his history, and we gave him that opportunity, Fisher said. He took advantage of it.Williams attitude and work ethic have not been issues in training camp. He has lost seven pounds this summer and aims to slim down to a playing weight of 220 by the start of the regular season.Now, it looks as if Williams future will come down to football considerations. Williams has the athletic attributes comparable to top receivers around the NFL, using his build and leaping ability to position himself against defenders.Cornerbaack Trumaine Johnson was ready to go head-to-head with Williams and test that physicality as he watched the Rams first special teams practice in pads last week.ddddddddddddI like Duke, I like Duke a lot, Johnson said. I was about to go out there one time and (special teams coordinator John Fassel) got me back.However, Williams is still raw running routes after playing in Auburns spread-option offense that created favorable matchups. More troubling is Williams inconsistency catching the ball.Williams has showed steady improvement after struggling with drops during the first week of camp. But Williams dropped a pass at the goal line during a two-minute drill at the Coliseum on Saturday, nearly resulting in an interception.Quarterback Jared Goff went right back to Williams on the next play for a touchdown.I feel like Im progressing, Williams said. I can do better, you know, learn from the mistakes I made and make sure they dont happen twice.Whether that development will be enough for Williams to secure a roster spot isnt clear. The Rams drafted Pharoh Cooper from South Carolina in the fourth round and Southern Mississippi product Michael Thomas in the sixth, while fellow undrafted free agent Nelson Spruce has been steady.Williams is simply glad for another chance to play.Its a blessing to be right here, Williams said. I wasnt supposed to be here from the issues I went through last year. Worked my way up, stayed humble, continue to stay humble and Ill take none of that for granted anymore.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

ack and try and measure where we are, we need to look
e.com/]https://www.shoescanadaonline.com/[/url] .05 million next season unless Graham and the Saints subsequently agree on a lon

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz