in Enstone and Viry looking to next year and I

#1 von miaowang123 , 19.08.2019 05:22

HOUSTON -- Tampa Bays David Price couldnt get his legs to stop shaking in the first inning against the Houston Astros in his return from the disabled list on Tuesday night. The AL CY Young Award winner eventually calmed down and pitched three-hit ball for seven innings in an 8-0 win over the Astros. Afterward, Price, who won 20 games last season, made a bold statement. "Thats probably the best Ive felt on a baseball field maybe in my entire life, honestly," he said. "I felt like thats the most control Ive had of a baseball game in a very long time. I think that was better than I threw the ball really at any point last year." Desmond Jennings homered and tied a career high with four RBIs to help the Rays shut out Houston for the second straight game and win their fourth in a row. Price (2-4) had missed the last 44 games with a left triceps strain in his first-ever stint on the DL. But he showed no signs of rust, allowing a season-low for hits and striking out a 2013-best 10. Eight of his strikeouts were called, which ties his career high. "He did it easily," manager Joe Maddon said. "He wasnt out there labouring. The fastball was there with good life at the end. He finished off every pitch well which means his arm felt great. Just pretty much a complete performance." Maddon had said hed be happy to get six innings out of his ace before the game, but Price was so efficient he got through seven with just 70 pitches. His low pitch count left Maddon in a quandary. "I didnt know what to do, really," he said. "I mean 70 pitches after seven innings. The up and downs matter, but youre trying to stretch the guy out pitch-count wise. Youre really caught in between right there. We felt that after the seven innings that would be enough just physically on him." Three relievers combined to finish the four-hitter, a night after the Rays two-hit the Astros. Tampa Bay hasnt allowed a run for 23 straight innings -- since Detroits Miguel Cabrera launched a homer into the Rays Touch Tank in the fourth inning on Sunday. Jennings, who finished with three hits, had a two-run single in the fourth to make it 3-0 and his two-run homer in the sixth pushed the lead to five runs. Price credited Jennings for helping him settle down after the first inning. Jennings was only joking when he asked him if he was nervous, and was shocked when he said he was shaking. "But you couldnt tell," Jennings said. "It didnt look like it. He lives for it. Hes a competitor and he loves to be out there." Houston starter Erik Bedard (3-4) yielded six hits and four runs with a season-high six walks in 5 1-3 innings. Price had a tough time in his nine starts before the injury, winning just once in that span. On Tuesday he looked crisp from the start, pitching a 1-2-3 inning before J.D. Martinez singled to start the second. But he still faced the minimum through two after Brandon Barnes grounded into a double play. He struck out the first two in the third before a single by Jimmy Paredes, who was soon caught stealing to end the inning. The 27-year-old Price really got rolling after that, retiring 12 of the last 13 batters he faced with five strikeouts. Houstons only hit in that stretch came on a single by Carlos Corporan with one out in the fifth. The Astros have been in an offensive funk lately, and havent scored in 21 consecutive innings. But that run was unearned, leaving them without an earned run in 29 innings. Theyve managed just four earned runs over the last five games. But Houston manager Bo Porter thought Tuesdays struggles were less about his team and more about Price. "I think its called, Mr. Price," Porter said when asked what was wrong with his offence. "Thats why hes a Cy Young winner. And he pitched like it tonight." Tampa Bays Evan Longoria had two singles in his return to the lineup after missing three straight games with plantar fasciitis in his right foot. The All-Star third baseman was Tampa Bays designated hitter against Houston as he continued to struggle with the condition. He was replaced by a pinch-runner after his single in the ninth. Houston had its best chance to score in the eighth with runners at first and second with no outs. But Joel Peralta replaced Jamey Wright, and he sat down the next three Astros to preserve the shutout. Yunel Escobar hit a two-run double in the ninth and James Loneys double sent him home to make it 8-0. Jennings led off with a single before Sean Rodriguez drew a walk. Longoria walked with one out and Tampa Bay took a 1-0 lead on a sacrifice fly by Wil Myers. Bedard limited the damage by striking out Escobar. Loney extended his hitting streak to 13 games with a one-out single in the fourth inning. Jose Molina walked before Loney advanced to third on a groundout. The single by Jennings, which sailed just out of reach of a diving Jose Altuve and into shallow right field, sent two home to extend the lead to 3-0. Molina doubled to start the sixth and Bedard was replaced by Josh Fields with one out. He was greeted by the towering homer by Jennings, which bounced high on the wall in left field, to leave Tampa Bay up 5-0. NOTES: Tuesday was the second time this season and the seventh time in franchise history that the Rays have thrown back-to-back shutouts. ... Houston 1B/DH Carlos Pena returned to the team after missing two games following the drowning death of his nephew in the Dominican Republic, but he did not play. ... The series continues on Wednesday when Houstons Bud Norris opposes Roberto Hernandez. ... Houston optioned RHP Hector Ambriz to Triple-A Oklahoma City and recalled LHP Brett Oberholtzer from there on Tuesday. ... The Rays optioned INF Ryan Roberts to Triple-A Durham on Tuesday to make room for Price on the roster. ... RHP Mark Appel, the No. 1 overall selection by Houston in the 2013 draft, will make his professional debut on Friday with Class-A Tri-City. Nick Bosa Jersey .com) - One point guard will return, while another will sit when the Minnesota Timberwolves visit American Airlines Center to take on the Dallas Mavericks. Terrell Owens Womens Jersey . Crawford hit his slam off Pirates starter Edinson Volquez to give San Francisco a four run lead in the fourth and they never looked back. Brandon Belt had three runs batted in as well. Bumgarner pitched all nine innings and allowed just four hits. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Tom-Rathman-Jersey/ .C. -- The Edmonton Oilers used a late-power-play goal to get a hard-fought road victory. Terrell Owens Jersey . Mauer struck out to end the inning, with a runner on third base in the seventh on Wednesday and the Twins trailing 1-0. Everybody does this, of course, in a sport with a 30 per cent success rate at the plate long proven to be a benchmark of excellence. Custom San Francisco 49ers Jerseys . -- Brady Heslip scored a season-high 20 points to help Baylor beat No.Jolyon Palmer will remain at Renault for the 2017 F1 season alongside Nico Hulkenberg with Kevin Magnussen set to move to Haas. The French squad had already signed Hulkenberg to lead the team next year, leaving current incumbents Palmer and Magnussen to battle it out for the second seat.Paddock rumour suggested Renault favoured retaining Magnussen, despite a late surge in form from Palmer, but the Danes expected move to Haas opened the door for Palmer to keep his seat for a second season. Im over the moon to be racing with Renault for a second season and I cant wait to reward the teams faith in me on track, said Palmer. Having worked out of Enstone since 2015 I can fully appreciate the development of the infrastructure this year. This means I share the excitement of the team looking to 2017 and our new car.For me, its been a steep learning curve driving in Formula 1 and I know that I am performing better than ever, and that theres still more to come. There is tremendous drive and enthusiasm in Enstone and Viry looking to next year and I am honoured to be part of this. 2017 F1 line-ups Mercedes Lewis Hamilton Nico Rosberg Ferrari Sebastian Vettel Kimi Raikkonen Red Bull Daniel Ricciardo Max Verstappen Force India Sergio Perez Esteban Ocon Toro Rosso Carlos Sainz Daniil Kvyat Williams Valtteri Bottas Lance Stroll McLaren Fernando Alonso Stoffel Vandoorne Haas Romain Grosjean Kevin Magnussen Renault Nico Hulkenberg Jolyon Palmer Sauber TBC TBC Manor TBC TBC Palmer has scored one point in his 19 F1 races to date, with his solitary points finish coming in Malaysia.dddddddddddd We are delighted to retain Jolyon as our driver for the 2017 season. Jolyon has shown his hunger to develop with us as the team grows and we have been impressed with his increasingly strong performances on track as the season has progressed, said Renault chief Jerome Stoll.We are confident that the combination of Jolyon and Nico Hulkenberg offers a very promising driving force to meet our goals. Jolyon understands the teams spirit and motivates everyone he works with. The line-up of Jolyon and Nico harnesses the benefits of continuity and fresh blood.I am sure that having Nico as a team-mate will help push Jolyon to greater achievements. We thank Kevin Magnussen for his efforts in 2016 as he has done a great job for us this year. We wish him all the best for 2017 and beyond.2017 provisional schedule, test dates and driver line-upsCan Nico Rosberg clinch the title at Interlagos? Watch the Brazilian GP live on Sky Sports F1 on Sunday, the race begins at 4pm; Watch the whole race weekend with a NOW TV week pass - £10.99, no contract Also See: F1 gossip column The 2017 driver line-ups Hulkenberg joins Renault Hulk move makes sense ' ' '

miaowang123  
miaowang123

to facing Russia at the world junior hockey championship
two sets were completely different, a

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz