ht now.Jones injured his shoulder in the second preseason game and has not

#1 von dasg234 , 13.08.2019 14:35

LINCOLN, Neb. -- Nebraska ran on 51 of its 64 plays from scrimmage against Fresno State in a performance reminiscent of Tom Osbornes pound-the-ground teams of yesteryear.Only Air Force, Army and Navy -- all triple-option teams -- attempted fewer passes than the Cornhuskers the first weekend of the season.On Monday, Mike Riley couldnt remember a game hes coached where his team threw so little. He joked that he would have to go back to his playing days when he was the quarterback at Corvallis (Oregon) High to find a game where his team attempted only 13 passes.The coach was smart. I couldnt throw very well, Riley said, laughing.The Huskers (1-0) generated 292 of their 406 yards on the ground in their 43-10 win over Fresno State on Saturday. Dont expect the same run-pass breakdown this week against Wyoming (1-0).We liked the rushing yards, he said, but we didnt have anywhere near the balance we need as we go forward in the passing game.Tommy Armstrong Jr. threw a beautiful 57-yard touchdown pass to Alonzo Moore off play-action in the second half. That play accounted for half of the Huskers passing yards. Armstrong wasnt sharp otherwise, completing only 5 of 10 passes. Backup Ryker Fyfle was 1 for 3.I thought we could run, but I didnt envision that at all, offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf said. I think its good for our team, but we have to be able to hit some more throws. The way we were throwing wasnt giving me much confidence to throw it all.Devine Ozigbo had 17 carries for 103 yards, Terrell Newby 11 for 56 and Armstrong 11 for 42. The Huskers ran for five of their six touchdowns against an opponent that ranked 117th against the run in 2015.Nebraska passed only once in its first 21 plays, and its 13 total attempts were the fewest since the Huskers had the same number in a 41-31 win over Miami two years ago.Riley, who came to Lincoln last year with a reputation for developing passers, will be able to implement more of his pro-style offense once four-year starter Armstrong leaves. Riley recognizes Armstrongs running ability and has said he plans to incorporate it into the offense more than he did last year.But Riley also knows that leaning so much on the running game wont fly against the stout rushing defenses in the Big Ten.The Huskers were celebrated for being run-heavy in their 37-29 Foster Farms Bowl victory over UCLA last December. Nebraska ran on 62 of its 81 plays for a season-high 326 yards against the 98th-ranked rushing defense.Riley said the difference between the bowl game and the Fresno State game was that Armstrong was an efficient 12 of 19 passing for 174 yards against the Bruins.Had we looked sharper, I might be all right with how many times we threw (against Fresno State), Riley said. When we threw against UCLA, it was pretty effective, good percentages. It felt a lot better even though there were only six more attempts, I suppose. It just felt better.---Online: AP college football website: http://collegefootball.ap.orgDurham Smythe Womens Jersey . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No. Ryan Fitzpatrick Youth Jersey . -- Catcher Brett Hayes has agreed to a $630,000, one-year contract with the Kansas City Royals, avoiding salary arbitration. http://www.authenticdolphinspro.com/Jason-taylor-dolphins-jersey/ .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. Nat Moore Jersey . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week. Cameron Wake Youth Jersey . -- Running backs Darren McFadden and Rashad Jennings were back at practice for the Oakland Raiders on Wednesday despite being hampered by hamstring injuries.ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins running back Matt Jones expressed optimism that his sprained left shoulder wont be an issue against the?Pittsburgh Steelers in the season opener.Coach Jay Gruden slowed the talk of Jones being ready for certain, but he did say, thats the intent right now.Jones injured his shoulder in the second preseason game and has not practiced since, sitting out the final two games this summer. But he practiced Monday, albeit in a yellow jersey signifying no contact. Jones stayed after practice to work on pass protection drills, using full force to hit a dummy bag held by a teammate.Jones said hell be full-go in Wednesdays practice -- though Gruden said that might not happen until Thursday -- in preparation for the Sept. 12 season opener. Jones has taken over the full-time duties from Alfred Morris, who started the previous four years but signed with Dallas this offseason.It feels awesome, Jones said about his shoulder. Two weeks ago I couldnt move it; now Im out here banging around. Im in a great position right now.ddddddddddddI havent had any pain today, which is a great thing for me. It helps your mind out, knowing you can take a hit and can get back up and play the next play. I feel great about it.But Gruden said a big key will be how Jones shoulder responds to this work.Well get another day of pads on, Gruden said. That will tell a lot.Jones rushed for 490 yards last season, splitting time with Morris. But he missed the final four games, including the playoffs, with a hip injury. That, plus the shoulder injury, led to concerns over whether or not hed be durable enough to be a 16-game starter.But Jones said hes not worried about his shoulder.I dont feel nothings stopping me, he said. I felt my tracks were a little rusty, but once I got going today I felt great about myself, great about the game plan. I felt like I fell back into it. Ill carry that right over. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

iants had CBs Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (groin) and
rimary, Processed foods

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz