nd town is pretty high, Stecher said. But for us, its just another hockey game.However, the Canucks do not want to produce anoth

#1 von dasg234 , 22.06.2019 14:43

Throughout his entire career, BJ Penn has had an affinity for seeking the most difficult fight possible. Why would anything change in his comeback?Penn (16-10-2) will face surging 24-year-old featherweight Yair Rodriguez (9-1) at UFC Fight Night on Jan. 15 in Phoenix. It will be his first appearance since announcing his retirement in 2014.When the matchup was first announced, public response seemed to waver between confusion and dread. Rodriguez is 5-0 in the UFC, and although he has managed only two career knockouts to date, his style lends itself to ... damage.Penn, meanwhile, hasnt won a fight since 2010.Of course, even suggesting this is a difficult matchup brings the competitor out in Penn, who has been attempting to make a comeback all year.So, what youre saying is when I make this look easy on Jan. 15, Im the f------ man, is that what youre telling me? said Penn, on ESPNs 5ive Rounds podcast.Its not a difficult [fight] at all. Hes a very good guy, but I feel like Im training with very good guys. I have a good team around me and I dont feel anything is anywhere near out of my league.Penn, who turns 38 this month, is arguably the greatest lightweight of all time, but has not competed in that division for more than six years. After losing the lightweight championship in 2010, Penn went 1-2-1 in four welterweight fights before dropping all the way to featherweight for what was initially his final bout against Frankie Edgar.Penns return is also at featherweight, which he says gives him a chance to win a title in a third weight class -- which has never been done. Penn, a former lightweight and welterweight champion, is one of three athletes to win UFC titles in multiple weight classes, along with Randy Couture and Conor McGregor.Theres more opportunity for me to get three UFC belts at 145 than going to 185, Penn said. I already feel really confident nobody will be able to get the 155- and 170-pound belts. I want to get one more world title. Three titles at three weight classes, and without a doubt 145 is my best option.In 2009, Penn had an opportunity to hold two UFC titles simultaneously, but ultimately came up short in a welterweight title bid against Georges St-Pierre. That feat was accomplished last month by McGregor, however the UFC already announced he has relinquished his featherweight championship. Penn said he was surprised by that.I was very surprised when they just stripped him of the title, Penn said. They made sure he held on to it to get that accomplishment, then stripped him right after. That was strange.I know we talked about it when we were going to fight [St-Pierre], it would have been one fight every two months. Youve got to defend both belts. We had plans of trying to defend both when we were fighting Georges, but we ended up losing.Beyond his goal of winning a third title, Penn says he has decided to fight again simply for the love of conflict.I just like fighting again, Penn said. Standing in front of people, sparring every day, punching people, getting into a fist fight every morning. I missed it. I cant live without it right now. While I can still lift my arms up and do sprints, all these things, this is what I want to do. This is what I love to do. This is the best way I know how to make an honest living.King Clancy Jersey . -- An ugly goal by Nick Bonino helped the Anaheim Ducks overcome the defensive-minded Phoenix Coyotes on a night when their ragged power play continued to struggle. Ron Hainsey Jersey .com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. http://www.cheapmapleleafsjerseyschina.com/ . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. Bruce Boudreau Jersey . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Tim Horton Jersey . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round.VANCOUVER, B.C. -- Erik Gudbranson is not plotting Matt Martins death after all.Gudbranson, a Vancouver Canucks defenseman, vowed that Martin, a pesky Toronto Maple Leafs winger, was dead after he caused havoc in a fight-filled game in the teams last meeting Nov. 5. The Canucks rearguard was furious after the Maple Leafs won 6-3 at home.But as the Canucks (10-12-2) prepared for Saturdays return engagement against the Maple Leafs (10-9-4) at Rogers Arena, a calm Gudbranson chalked up his threat to a fit of rage.Do I mean it? he said Friday. No. Thats the honest truth. Im not gonna kill the guy. But I was just frustrated at that point. Unfortunately, (the public reaction) got taken to a level that I didnt expect.The best way for the Canucks to get revenge, he said, is to get two points for a win. That will be hard to do in a building that is guaranteed to be raucous -- as is the case whenever the Maple Leafs visit Vancouver.The Maple Leafs, one of the NHLs Original Six franchises, have a legion of West Coast fans who make their presence known in the arena while the Canucks faithful battle to be heard.Thats the exciting part, Gudbranson said. The rinks going to be buzzing tomorrow. We feed off that, for sure.But Gudbranson stressed the need for the Canucks not to get too excited ahead of time.Within this dressing room, its huge for us just to stay focused and be calm going into games like that, he added. Building it up is one thing. But if were coming in all amped up, thats when systems fall apart and mistakes happen.The Canucks were upset with Martin for punching rookie defenseman Troy Stecher while he was down on the ice in Vancouvers end late in the Nov. 5 game. Canucks goaltender Ryan Miller came to Stechers aid, and a brawl ensued with Miller and Toronto netminder Frederik Andersen both getting tossed out.But Stecher, 22, who began the season in the minors and has played a prominent role with veteran defensemen Chris Tanev (ankle) and Alex Edler (finger) out with injuries, shrugged off the potential for more fireworks on Saturday.Its a hockey game, he said. Tempers are gonna fly high. Youve gotta just try to stay in the moment. I think, if you do that, everything will just take care of itself.Stecher, who was born and raised in the Vancouver suburb of Richmond, B.C., will play his first game against the Maple Leafs in his hometown after previously witnessing the exuberance that Toronto-Vancouver games generate. He called the opportunity exciting but also downnplayed it.dddddddddddd.Obviously, the buzz around town is pretty high, Stecher said. But for us, its just another hockey game.However, the Canucks do not want to produce another game like they did Thursday in a 3-1 home loss to Anaheim. The Ducks dominated for most of the non-contest.Accordingly, the Canucks expressed more concern about the need to improve on that showing than avenge past misdeeds by Toronto.I dont know what kind of game its gonna be (Saturday), Canucks defenseman Luca Sbisa said. All I know is that were pretty well-prepared. We werent happy (with) the way we played (Thursday) night. So were gonna try and make up for it (Saturday).Meanwhile, the Maple Leafs were also calling for calm. Martin did not pay much heed to Gudbransons threat, which was uttered as the Canucks defenseman stormed into their dressing room after the loss in November.I am sure he was emotional after the game, Martin told reporters Friday. I dont know. He made comments, I guess, that you (media) guys heard. I didnt. But that is what it is. Im not going to get into too much detail about it.The Maple Leafs are looking to rebound from a 3-0 loss in Calgary on Wednesday night. Center

dasg234  
dasg234

age.The IPC has developed a set of reinstatement criteria with the World Anti-Dopin
gton against four other juveniles and her owners are all expected to be on hand.I think were all going to be there on Friday, pa

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz