week -- very likely would not play against the Flyers.The lack of star pro

#1 von dasg234 , 16.06.2019 12:30

ST. LOUIS -- The New York Mets signed Rick Ankiel and started him in centre field on Monday night against the St. Louis Cardinals, the team that converted him from wild lefty to outfielder. The 33-year-old thought it a bit comforting that he returned to the majors in St. Louis, where he arrived as a hard-throwing lefty starter in 1999 but couldnt control his pitches. Hes been an outfielder since 2005 and hit a career-best 25 homers with 71 RBIs with St. Louis in 2008. "Obviously, Ive played here in Busch Stadium quite a bit, and its just kind of ironic the first game back is here in St. Louis," Ankiel said. "But itll be fun and Im excited to get out there." Also, the Mets said three days rest was prescribed for closer Frank Francisco, who had been close to returning from rehabilitation before getting scratched from a bullpen session Saturday. Francisco was diagnosed with a mild strain of the flexor pronator in his surgically-repaired right elbow. "I guess you could say its a mild setback," assistant general manager John Ricco said. Ankiel said hed been in contact with the Mets the last two days while at home in Fort Pierce, Fla., and admitted he hadnt been sure hed get another shot. He hit .194 with five homers and 11 RBIs for Houston, which had signed him to a $750,000, one-year deal. He struck out 35 times in 65 at-bats with "You dont know, you really dont," Ankiel said. "I figured I would, and I was hoping I would and it did." Ankiel was designated for assignment by the Houston Astros last week and cleared waivers on Sunday. "I thought it was quick but it is what it is," Ankiel said. "I wasnt happy about the inconsistency, but my power was there. But it was early and I hope I get that turned around." The Mets made the somewhat surprising move given theyd struck out 28 times the previous two games and manager Terry Collins had expressed concern about the lack of contact. They lost the last three games of a 4-6 homestand in which they went 7 for 40 with runners in scoring position. Ankiel was the choice as an above-average defensive outfielder with a veteran presence when "youre looking at whats available," Ricco said. "Obviously, youd like to hit on everything," Ricco said. "I think hes going to work with our guys and we have a lot of confidence ... he can cut strikeouts and still provide power." Collins thought getting a fresh start might click for Ankiel, as it has catcher John Buck. He planned on platooning the left-hand hitting Ankiel with Juan Legares, and planned on talking to Ankiel about his approach at the plate and point out the Mets already have plenty of power. "Maybe a change of scenery right now is good for him and will get him going," Collins said. "Certainly his bat can be dangerous at times, so were anxious to get him in the lineup. Were hoping he helps us out." Outfielder Andrew Brown was optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas and right-hander Jenrry Mejia was transferred to the 60-day disabled list from the 15-day DL to make room on the 40-man roster. Ankiel arrived at Busch Stadium about 3 1-2 hours before gametime and joked about meeting reporters before speaking with Collins. "Certainly, coming here we dont have to worry about him not knowing the field, thats for sure, "Collins said. "Obviously, hes a great defender, we all know that, and if he doesnt have the strongest arm in the league hes got one of the top arms in all of baseball." Ankiel was the Cardinals centre fielder in May 2009 when he slammed into a fence at full speed on a running catch and ended up with whiplash and a shoulder injury. Manager Tony La Russa kept Ankiels hat, bent in half, on a shelf in his office. Ankiel is among four players in major league history to make at least 40 starts as a pitcher and hit 40 homers, with Babe Ruth the standout of that group. Hes also a .315 hitter against the Mets, much better than his career average of .243. "Anytime you play against a guy you cant get out, you want him on your team," Collins said. "We cant get him out, never could."Discount Custom Jerseys Online .com) - The red-hot Los Angeles Kings will try to extend their winning streak to a season-high seven games when they visit the Edmonton Oilers for Sundays clash at Rexall Place. Cheap Custom Jerseys Store . -- Matt Kuchar and Harris English ran away with the Franklin Templeton Shootout, shooting a 14-under 58 on Sunday in the final-round scramble to break the tournament course record. http://www.customjerseyschina.com/ . - After leading the Saints to a fourth playoff appearance in five seasons, Drew Brees expressed confidence in the direction of his team and, perhaps more importantly, showed a willingness to listen to contract proposals if the team needs his help getting under the NFLs salary cap. Wholesale Custom Jerseys Free Shipping . Q: Team Canada announces their Olympic roster three weeks from today. Who is general manager Steve Yzerman watching? LeBrun: Over the last 48 hours, hes taken in the home-and-home between the Dallas Stars and Colorado Avalanche with Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene being the obvious targets. Custom Basketball Jerseys China .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable.CHICAGO -- Given the way his Chicago Blackhawks have stumbled out of the gate in losing two of three games to start the season, coach Joel Quenneville is far from satisfied.The Blackhawks have seen a lack of productivity from their top-line performers. Chicago has yet to receive a goal from stars Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Artemi Panarin heading into Tuesday nights game against the Philadelphia Flyers at the United Center.There are guys we need more (from), Quenneville told reporters after the Blackhawks practiced on Monday. Across the board, we need more. We cant be happy with how weve played in three games. The last game (Saturday against Nashville), we gave up a higher number of chances we usually dont see -- more probably in the first two games together.We have to tighten up in all aspects of our game, cant be satisfied, we need more.The Blackhawks (1-2) have gotten four goals from Richard Panik, who skated with Toews and rookie Tyler Motte on Chicagos top line during Mondays practice. Panik had a hat trick in Saturdays 5-3 win over the Predators as the Blackhawks picked up their first victory.Chicago will again be without forward Ryan Hartman, who suffered a lower body injury on Friday night. Quenneville listed Hartman as day-to-day on Saturday, but said Monday that the rookie -- who scored in Chicagos season-opener last week -- very likely would not play against the Flyers.The lack of star production, along with the struggles the Blackhawks have experienced thus far on the penalty kill, has left Quenneville wanting more from his team, which faces a Philadelphia team that hasnt had issues scoring goals this seaason.ddddddddddddChicagos penalty killing unit has surrendered seven goals in 13 opportunities, which is a major concern for a team trying to find some rhythm.It hasnt been good enough, Blackhawks center Marcus Kruger told reporters after Mondays practice. Its not even close to being good. Weve got to battle through it. Its going to be a process to getting it better.The Flyers (1-0-1) have tallied seven goals in two games.You come out with three points out four in the first two games, its not too shabby, Philadelphia right wing Wayne Simmonds told reporters after Saturday nights 4-3 overtime loss to the Arizona Coyotes.According to Philly.com, Michal Neuvirth will likely get the start in goal for the Flyers over Steve Mason. Neuvirth made 23 saves in Philadelphias 4-2 win over the Kings on Friday.Flyers coach Dave Hakstol likes what he has seen from his team over its first two games, especially considering the offense -- paced by center Sean Couturier, who has two goals in two games while rookie Travis Konecny and Brandon Manning each have three assists in the two games -- has it has put up so far.He hopes that can continue against the Blackhawks, who have surrendered 11 goals in three games, including the seven while skating a man down.Were doing a lot of good things, Hakstol told reporters Saturday night. Our effort (Saturday) was outstanding. For back-to-back nights, its the effort that you want. But theres a lot of things that mentally we can do a little bit better and be a little sharper. ' ' '

dasg234  
dasg234

stomsunsjersey.com/[/url] . Nigeria beat surprise package Ethiopia 2-0
aying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. [url=http://www.

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz